69.

nobody's pov
september 4th
12:00 pm

phan and daehyun were out at an ice cream shop together, sharing a milk tea ice cream with crushed oreos on top. the two boys were talking, until they were cut off with daehyun's phone ringing.

"huh, my mom is calling." daehyun said, as he pulled out his phone and watched it ring, "deny." the boy said, cancelling the call and putting his phone away.

"you're really trying to piss them off, huh?" phan questioned, earning a nod from the elder. "you're going to get into so much trouble."

"what are they gonna do, ground me?" daehyun asked, taking a bite of their ice cream, "go ahead, i don't care."

phan let out a sigh, rubbing the temples of his forehead, "you're so dumb sometimes."

"i know." daehyun smiled, looking at his phone and seeing his mom was calling again. the elder let out a sound of annoyance, as he set down the spoon and picked up his phone, answering the calling and switching languages.

"all those korean dramas, and i still can't understand a word." phan mumbled, making daehyun laugh who quickly covered his mouth. phan widened his eyes at the boy laughing, knowing he probably just got himself into serious trouble.

the younger returned back to their ice cream, eating small bites as he waited for daehyun to get off of the phone. daehyun ended up getting annoyed with the scolding, as he pulled his phone away from his ear, swiping down on his screen and turning on airplane mode. the boy watched the call drop, as he set his phone down, "whoopsies."

"did you just hang up?" phan questioned.

"nooo." daehyun shook his head, "i lost connection." the boy said, air quoting his second sentence.

phan clicked his tongue, "i am not surprised." the younger confessed, scooping the ice cream, "what did she even want?"

"she wanted to know why i wasn't home, and i told her i went to get ice cream, so then she began scolding me on how i need to come home immediately after school and i can't just go places without permission." daehyun explained, "i don't know, some other bullshit too, and then i just ended up turning on airplane mode because i didn't wanna hear it."

phan paused for a moment, holding his spoon in his mouth, "you do realize you're gonna go home and get scolded, right?"

"or i could just go to kaui's and escape punishment." daehyun pointed out to the younger, taking a bite of the ice cream, "i've done it before."

"and did you get in trouble once you got home?" phan questioned.

daehyun fell silent, "we don't talk about that." the elder responded, "i maybe got grounded for a month and got my phone taken away, but it's okay."

"how is that okay?" phan asked, "you basically had no life other than school, if that was during school."

"it was okay because i have a backup phone that my parents don't know about." daehyun smiled, "i'm sneaky."

the younger rolled his eyes, letting out a sigh, "you stress me out."

"you still like me, so i'm not seeing the problem." daehyun told the younger, taking another bite of the ice cream, "this ice cream is really good."

"i just don't understand how you can rebel against your parents so much." phan confessed, "i was scared of doing that with my biological ones."

"because get this, i don't care." daehyun shrugged, "all they're ever gonna do is ground me and take my electronics away- and frankly, my life doesn't revolve around my electronics, so it doesn't bother or effect me. i just continue my games of rebellion, knowing it pisses them off."

phan shook his head, resting it on top of the palm of his hand, "you amaze me."

"i'm glad i do." daehyun smiled.

the two boys then went back to eating their ice cream together, sharing it up until the last bite. once the boys were finished, they threw away their trash and went back to their table, grabbing their stuff and leaving the ice cream shop.

"i'll walk you home, considering kaui's house is like a street down from yours." daehyun informed the younger, earning a nod from him.

1:00 pm

as the boys reached the street that phan's house was on, daehyun held his hand out, grabbing phan's attention. "what?" the younger questioned, looking at daehyun's hand.

the elder let out a sigh, reaching for phan's hand and intertwining their fingers, "i wanted this, dummy."

"you act as if we're dating." phan shook his head, "so cliché."

"who says i don't want that?" daehyun asked the younger, who slowly stopped walking.

"you mean, you want to date me?" phan asked back, trying to make sure he heard things right.

"i mean, i do have a crush on you." the elder shrugged, "you couldn't tell?"

"n-not really." phan mumbled out, looking at his house and taking his hand away from the elder, "i think i can walk myself from here."

"wait." daehyun stopped the younger, "how do you feel?"

"i need time." the younger responded, backing away, "i'm sorry."

daehyun watched the boy walk away, as he stood in the same spot. the elder sighed out, deciding it might be best for him to just go home, considering he didn't want to make kaui's day into a bad day with his nonsense. his parents couldn't make his day worse anyway, could they?

authors note:
ummmm chicken