145.

nobody's pov
november 17th
7:40 am

it had been two day's since hana last talked to koji and dakota, however, the girl made it seem like she was taking a break from the friend group so nobody questioned a thing. dakota and koji were both semi put off by how hana was reacting to things, but they knew they couldn't force her to talk to them and make things right again. yet, dakota was still determined to fix things because she couldn't stand that koji had to take most of the blame.

as dakota was walking into the school with ivy, she had saw her friend group standing by their regular spot and that koji was on his phone. dakota looked over at ivy, as she was going to tell her that she was heading over to her other friends until she saw ivy's crush walk past. the girl then let out a laugh, stopping ivy mid conversation as she then turned to the girl, "hey look, it's your crush." dakota said to ivy, as she then pushed the girl before running away from her. in the distance she could hear the girl yell her name, which made her burst into laughter as she yelled back "have fun!"

the girl then slowed her pace, as she switched to walking and took a turn to where the friend group hangs out in the morning. dakota then hummed to herself, approaching koji and messing the boy's hair from behind.

"who in the fu-" koji cut himself off, once he turned around and saw dakota, "can you actually leave?"

"no." dakota shook her head with a smile on her face, as she then looked down at his hands, "who are you texting?"

"your mom." koji responded, as he put his phone in his pocket and grabbed the girl by her arm, pulling her away from the friend group.

"how could you text my mom?" dakota questioned to be obnoxious, "at least text my dad, maybe you could get him to answer."

koji let out a laugh at the girl's sentence, shaking his head. the boy then looked at dakota, "i was texting akio, since you're so nosy."

"i could tell." dakota smiled, "you seem very invested in him after being reunited with him."

"he's very fun to be around." the younger confessed, "and makes me very happy."

dakota cooed at the boy's sentences, finding it great for him that his childhood best friend and him have practically been inseparable since crossing paths again. dakota then let out a cough, as she switched their topics.

"has hana talked to you?" dakota questioned the boy, once they were a good distance from the group.

koji shook his head, as he looked over at dakota and stopped underneath a tree, "has she talked to you?"

"radio silence." the elder responded, placing her arms hands on her hips and sighing, "you really should've just let me taken the blame."

"i don't think it would've gone well if i allowed you to take the blame." koji confessed, "we're in this together, remember?" he then crossed his arms, "i don't understand why she's ignoring you though."

dakota shrugged at the boy's sentence, "not sure, but i'm not defending her actions on this one." she mentioned. "she can avoid us all she wants, but she isn't gonna get anything from this." the elder pointed out, as she put her hands in her back pockets, "it's not gonna help the situation at all."

"i'm just shocked she's not at least talking to you, considering she seemed so eager to talk to you." koji puffed out his cheeks, "it just doesn't make sense to me."

"probably mad at me for not talking to her about what you texted me." dakota brought up, "but i don't really care. i mean, i do, but i don't wanna focus on it."

the boy nodded his head, "you still like her, right?"

dakota looked at the boy, softly nodding her head in response. koji smiled at the girl, "are you ever gonna tell her?"