Chapter 31: Captives

WARREN'S POV:
--•--

Warren lunged out of the way of a spear, his tail whipping out to strike the boar-like alien's leg.

He crouched low, wings half unfurled as he eyed the gladiator with a savage growl.

The alien glared back with beady black eyes half hidden behind a curten of shaggy hair.

Warren's stomach grumbled; it smelled like bacon ever since he blasted the creature. He had decided not to do that again for the sake of his own sanity.

The boar charged with a wild yell, spearhead glinting in the harsh light.

48 hours earlier

"You really think this will get the Hunter's attention, don't you? Well last time it only got a fleet of Kymari ships on our tail."

"Shut up, Votac, I know what I'm doing."

"Tell that to Har'ran." The Votac muttered crossing his thin pale arms over his chest.

The Tu'ja stiffened and turned from the ship's control panel to glare at him. "Har'ran knew what he was in for when he crossed the Hunter." He flicked one of his yellowed tusks with a sneer, "you're only here to study the beast, nothing else. Bug."

Warren watched the exchange, blood boiling and body suspended in a cold blue-ish fluid. It was hard to think let alone move, yet his muscles were screaming at him to attack the white alien, burn its face off. The best he could do was glare as the Votac rolled his eyes and approached the tank he was trapped in.

"I have already told you, Core, I don't have the right equipment here! Best I can do is watch it fight and pick it apart from there."

Pick it apart. Pick it apart? He thrashed around furiously, claws extending but never managing to do anything; he could just feel his jaw clamping around the Votac's neck, or maybe that was the tube shoved down his throat.

"I'd like to see that." It was Jia, he knew, but he couldn't see her. "He'll rip you to shreds if he doesn't melt you first."

"Shut your mouth, Kymari scum! Another word from you and the child will pay." Core turned back to the controls, the sleeves of his robe dragging over the surface as he typed. "There is a Tu'ja run coliseum just outside Kymari control, we can go there for your observations. I'll acquire the equipment in the black market."

Warren could feel the cold creep deeper into his bones, seeping into his muscles. It was no wonder everything plummeted into darkness despite his refusal.

AN/ so this is just to let you guys know I am still working on the story and haven't given it up. I try not to abandon certain things... anyway hope you enjoyed and have a nice rest of whatever-the-time-it-is-over-there. Till next update, later!