Chapter 15: Follow the Leader

SELA'S POV

Sela froze watching the Kymari male bend down to examine the entrance of Warren's den; why was he even there, alone none the less, and now unarmed? Her skin crawled and she had to resist the sudden urge to shake her scales, the tinkling of them hitting each other would definitely call attention to her that she didn't want.

She stayed still as the Kymari stood to his full height and began to make his way deeper into the forest, his path taking him an inch away from her snout. Whatever his game was, Sela wasn't sure she wanted to play, and Warren wouldn't want- Warren. She hadn't seen him since he saved her from a malenue; her gut twisted.

The Kymary still wasn't out of sight, she couldn't move without risking him taking notice, but she needed to find him, she had to. Every stiff muscle in her body ached for her to move, yet her eyes stayed trained on the Kymari watching him, knowing he was tracking something. Someone. The chances were slim, but then again he had only appeared after Warren- no, it couldn't be, but yet... why else come to this forsaken place?

Her heart hurt, her stomach twisting with the turmoil in her mind; she had to fallow him to see just in case she wasn't wrong. Oh how she hoped she was, her body quivered as she took the first step out breathing in the Kymari's scent.

Maybe there was another way, maybe he would respond to the mind link- her message bounced back at her the moment she tried causing her head to spin. She had no choice now, she had to fallow him. She needed to know.

The forest was unnervingly quite as she stalked in the tall underbrush, keeping low on her stomach, her eyes locked unwavering on each of the Kymari's movements.

He stopped, and she didn't let her foot fall to the ground, locking her joints in place and breathing so softly her heartbeat was louder than her breath.

He started again and she waited for a few minutes to continue on, not willing to be heard by him. Any sudden move, a noise, a disturbed animal, anything could alert him to her presence.

She could smell the blood, could make out the occasional drops of it in the trail, there was no doubting after she cought his scent under the Kymari's.

Why he would want to hunt down a dragonnet though, she couldn't understand. Why was it so important that he would risk going further into sicora infested hellscape.

The Kymari knelt down and by chance Sela glimpsed dark blue, her pulse skyrocketed pumping more adrenaline through her.

Warren!

(Sorry this is a short one, but hey, another update that I literally just wrote today! Tell me what you think and vote by pressing the star-thingy in the bottom left corner. Have a nice whatever time of day it is over where you're at!)