[22]

Domiano's POV:

"Dom are you ready?" Franco yells from downstairs

I grab my sniper from the bench checking the case is locked and grab my cap, before running down the stairs quickly. "Good to go." I nod in the direction of my brother, father and a few members of the Cobras including Easton. 

We jump in the van and I take the front where Riccardo is waiting to floor it to our destination. Once we're all in, he speeds off down the road quickly

Last week my father had a tip-off from an alliance that there was going to be an attack on our drug supply tonight. We have four warehouses so it's hard to know exactly which one they're planning on targeting, but with time up our sleeves, we managed to move the money out of the buildings and the drugs into one place, the warehouse we're protecting tonight. 

The girls sat this one out, all of them are trained but neither leader likes to send the girls into the firing line if they don't have, not because they aren't capable or able to do it but because let's be honest, if anything happened to them, we'd never be able to move on. If our girls were to ever be hurt or killed it would ruin us and our rivals know that all too well. 

We pull up at the back of the warehouse and make our way through the backdoor. Bringing only one car and all of us jamming in will help to trick whoever is coming after us tonight, because they'll think there are only five people here maximum when really there are ten of us and more to come on foot. 

"Now we wait," Easton says with a grin as he sits down and puts his feet up on the desk. 

Alena's POV:

While the boys are out dealing with Mafia things, us girls are having a girl's night back at the Ricci house. Everyone is here tonight including Bex and it's been so nice to introduce her to all of my family. She gets along really well with everyone and she and Layla have especially hit it off, they're so alike. 

"Another round?" Layla calls as she holds up a bottle of champagne before popping the cork. 

So far as a group we've managed to drink five bottles between us which is a lot considering there is only five of us, but it's been spaced out over a few hours so we're far from drunk, a little tipsy maybe, but not drunk. 

The girls and I sat tonight's ambush out, my father has always kept me and my mother away from these kinds of things unless we're really, really needed. I know what you're thinking, I'm going to be the leader soon, isn't it my job to fight? Well yes, and no. When you're the leader you can also pick and choose what you do and don't handle and I'll always have my men to do these kinds of missions.

It turns out Lorenzo is much the same with Luda. Luda knows how to fight, she knows how to shoot and she knows how to protect herself, but she has never been out to a potential life taking mission. 

"Any word from the boys?" I question as I sip my champagne

"Not yet, I'm sure they'll call if they need." Mum smiles assuringly

"Where did they go tonight anyway?" Bex questions as she takes a long sip of her drink. 

Shit. I always forget that Bex doesn't know what Riccardo does for work, or that all of our families are involved in the mafia lifestyle, but I really hope Riccardo tells her soon because this is killing me. 

"Work stuff." I shrug

"What exactly is work stuff? Riccardo is always so secretive about it."

"Who knows" Layla cuts in and tops up Bex's glass.