Chapter 2-Fake smiles.

Walking out of my room i heard voices from the living room. Peaking around the corner i saw

Bella, Maxs' girlfriend. Her pretty long platinum blond hair flowing like a waterfall. Much longer than my boring straight hair. Her emerald green eyes -the rarest eye color- shone brightly. Well my eye color was quite common. If not the most common, also dull. She wore a bright floral sundress. Making what i was wearing, look like rags. Also id look ridiculous in a dress. Her make-up almost perfect. Were i struggle putting on massacra evenly. No wonder he chose her. I quietly turned around hoping no one saw me, and rested against the dull gray wall. Mentally preparing myself to face everyone. Deciding i'd probably need a few more minutes i walked back into my room. Locking the door behind me.

I changed into... (See picture above.)

Taking a deep breath i stepped out once again. Nervously walking towards the living room sitting next to Alice on the loveseat. Bella gave me smile. Of course showing off her perfect white teeth. I gave a small smile back. Tuning into the conversation even though i'd probably not talk. Apparently they were discussing ideas for Christmas. Which i failed to mention was a month away.

"What about secret santas?" Emily, the only other girl who lived in the house, besides Alice and I asked.

'Yes's' and 'definitelys' were exchanged.

"What do you think Scar?" Alice asked turning towards me. Everyone looked at me as i barely choked out.

"S-sounds great."

My voice sounding much smaller than i wanted.

"So how are we gonna pick?" Maxs' amazing australian accent interrupted the awkward silence.

"Names in a hat, mate" Ryan, maxs' best friend -also another housemate- spoke as if it was the most obvious thing. Which it kinda was. Max rose, presumably going to his room to get a hat. Since he has such a large collection. Conversation hummed over the group once again, but i didn't pay much attention. I was to busy staring out the window at a bird. Thinking of how amazing it would be to be so free. Gliding among the trees. My thoughts were interrupted by Alice. "You ok?" As you can tell, Alice is really the only one who talks to me. She understands my shyness around others. And that when were alone ill be myself. Hell she knows everything about me -even the bad things.

"Fine" i replied slightly above a whisper.