CHP || 2

●○●

"I'm nervous."

It was the day of the date. A dinner date booked at a fancy restaurant. It was around 8 PM, a quiet Friday evening. It's been two days ever since Phaelyn had asked Copter out and two days ever since his acceptance. She was happy. And Copter, was... to be happy.

"I know. I can see it all over your face." Kimmon muses, brushing his teeth.

It wasn't hard to read the latter's emotions. Kimmon certainly knew, as well as Copter, that he could read his best friend like an open book. And so did Copter.

Copter adjusts the collar of his suit jacket, scanning himself rapidly in the mirror, "..I look.. messy."

Kimmon raises his brow, spitting out the toothpaste before washing it out with some water.

 "Let me check." He murmurs.

He leaves the bathroom, swinging a towel over his shoulder with laze, and stares at Copter.

"Hmm, yeah, you do." He gives a breezy smile, "Real messy. I can't even look at you without wincing."

"Kimmon."

"Fine, fine. You don't." Kimmon throws himself upon the couch, stretching his limbs, "Man, I'm drained."

"Kimmon, be serious." Copter shuffles behind him, limping with one foot as he was using his hand to secure his other shoe, "I have to go in like, five minutes."

"Perfect." Kimmon doesn't take his eyes off the TV, "You look perfect to me."

Copter pauses, blinking for a few seconds, "...Really?"

"Yeah." Kimmon confirms.

"Well.." Copter drawls, "That's great then. I'll get going."

"Have fun."

His tone sounded hesitant, but Copter dismissed it as his imagination.

Copter then left for his date, not bothering to look back at Kimmon even once. Kimmon was too occupied with the TV and Copter knew better as to not disturb. He didn't want to look at Kimmon in the first place, and he didn't want Kimmon to look at his face either. 

The latter was blushing from Kimmon's words, and he didn't want him to see.

As for Kimmon, he looked at the closed door after Copter's disappearance. For some reason, a weird reason, one or another, he felt his heart clench. He wanted to go out and pull Copter back, maybe even persuade him not to go after all. Maybe even, just hug him tight.

Kimmon was 18 when he had first fallen in love with Copter. But he didn't know.

●○●