CHP || 1

●○● A/N: I'm actually not very sure what this story is. It suddenly came to my mind as I was listening to one certain song. I guess it lifted my muse and I started to write aimlessly. And plus, I had it laying in my drafts for ages so I thought why not publish it. Nevertheless, I hope you still enjoy it. :) About the setting, let's say this is held in Canada, and not Thailand. I'm not sure why, but let's go with that this time. XD

●○●

"Phaelyn asked me out."

The words sounded flat; empty.

Kimmon jerked his head towards him, giving the younger man a blank stare, "When?"

"This morning. At break." Copter speaks in pauses, as if taking pre-caution with every word.

Kimmon says nothing for a moment and shifts his eyes back to the street, his hands tightening ever so slightly against the steering wheel.

It was a habit by now, Kimmon driving by Copter's office to pick him up. It's not that Copter didn't own a car- he did very well own one. One that he sometimes, but not always, uses to drive around here and there. But, Kimmon was persistent. 'I want to pick you up,' he said, 'it's on my way'. Copter used to decline, saying that he doesn't want to wear Kimmon out, 'It's okay, it's not that it's far.' It was practically walking distance. 'It's on my way," Kimmon says again and Copter doesn't argue further.

They were best friends. It's been seventeen years now. They first met when Kimmon was seven years old, at a big neighborhood party. Kimmon was busy apple bobbing, a tradition where a bucket was filled up with water, then apples, and then you were to bite into an apple without using your hands. 

"That's not how you do it!" The little voice was the one to break Kimmon's concentration, causing him to drop the apple back into the water.

Kimmon wipes his face with his shirt, looking back at a short boy, who was staring intently at him.

"I'm doing it right. I've done it right multiple times." Kimmon says, sticking up his chin indignantly.

He felt proud of himself, seeing that the other boy was shorter than him. Much shorter.