Chapter 6

I was awake, but I didn't want to open my eyes. The pain on my head coursed throughout my body.

I groaned, it wasn't as cold as it had been before. Where exactly was I?

I forced my eyelids open, my eyes adjusting to the sudden brightness flooding my eyes.

I felt my forehead, when I touch it more pain amitted, and I dropped my hand instantly down to my side.

I was somewhere dark, but I could see most of things. My hands brushed against grassy brown dirt. I lifted my body off the walls on what I laid on.

I pressed my fingers softly onto the bright brown walls, it was wood. Pure raw wood, not polished wood.

My eyes that no longer glowed a bright red, was covered up by my eyelids. Why exactly, was I in a humongous tree? And by that, I was probably in the forest. I opened my eyes, seeing a figure in front of me.

"Your awake now." She said. It was the 'Wolfbrine' girl. The white-eyed female looked at me more with her glowing white eyes.

"Yeah, I'm awake." I said softly, forcefully pushing myself up to stand, I tried my best not to fall back down.

"And now that your awake," She announced boldly at first, "I didn't quite catch your name?" She said with a slight gesture, directing it to me.

On instinct I said, "I don't have a name."

She raised an eyebrow, "Everybody has a name."

"I'm not everybody."

"Well now you are."

"I said-"

"Do it or I'll conjure up some fire."

"And now your blackmailing me, to have a name." I said with slight sigh.

"Exactly!!" She said aloud, with a mischevous look on her face.

"Mm.. fine." I mumbled, then lost in thought. I didn't have a name. I had none. What else meant 'none'? Nothing? Not? Zero?

"My names Zero." I declared, but with not as much enthusiasm as her.

"Interesting name choice." She said, "But thats not like any normal name."

"So is Wolfbrine probably." I say.

"You caught me there!!" She cried.

Then it was just this complete silence, except with the faint sound of breathing. Very awkward.

"Anyway..I'm gonna get going." I said, looking at the small hole that was the exit of the hollow tree.

"Ah, wait I thought you were going to stay." She murmered.

"But ah, I don't take charity." I said, going through the hole out into the cold midnight.

"But also, I believe I want to meet you again some time soon." I said, the words slipping out of my mouth before I left.