Chapter 3

A life of darkness

Slowly drifting through ache of memory

The one who is shunned by light

Is the one who survived

Chapter 3

Luck didn't matter. It simply is just a thought, to think you were happy, and joyous. It was none of that to me. It didn't exist.

I didn't know what to do. Do I carry on like I always did? A cycle of murder, grief, then forget?

I knew it wasn't normal, for my eyes to glow a red crimson at times, to not know what happened in some of my past. I didn't like this life as much.

I didn't like the feeling, it felt like my head was twisted by thorns, the cold snow didn't seem to take it off my mind like it always did.

What happened to me in my past?

When I flashed to reality, I noticed that flakes of snow caking my head, then I put on back my big, raven black hood.

I curled my hands into my pockets, the crunch and sound of my footsteps followed. A mark followed each step.

As I breathed each breath, a light cloud of cold air escaped my lips. I was wondering what I should do.

I heard the footsteps of another, I could tell it wasn't a human. It wasn't matching Hex's footsteps.

The crunch of snow stopped, I had turned around to face who was there. And I was right, it wasn't a human. It was an animal.

It looked like a dog, but had longer legs and feet, with a thick coat. It was grey, it's pelt flecked with black white, and other colors.

It stared with big, round, sapphire blue eyes. A growl escaped from it's long snout. It was a wolf.

A lonesome wolf at that, from my extent of knowledge of wolves, I knew they traveled in packs usually.

It was being hostile, sharp teeth barred as I heard rumbling growls echoe into my ears.

I didn't have my swords with me, so did I think I was going to fight a wolf with bare hands? Nope, not even going to try using magic here.

Besides, I guess I had a soft spot. I didn't want to hurt it. Should I try acting friendly?

With soft footsteps, I stepped forward. Each step had only with the light whisper of sound. It's piercing, icy eyes staring deep back at my golden eyes.

I didn't feel scared. Maybe finally I met something like me?

Soon, the growling stopped, and the wolf sat down. I crouched down as well, extending my hand for a gentle pet.

The wolf then growled once again, attempting to bite my hand. I darted my hand back, and I could hear the click of it's teeth slamming together.

A shiny object fell to the cold snow. It was curved like the moon, sharp like a dagger. It was the wolf's tooth.

I stared, standing up then taking steps back. I guess it would be wrong to touch it.

The wolf's gaze softened, it turned, then it trotted away through the chilly day.

I looked at the tooth, it shone a white brighter then the snow. I took it, then left the forest, leaving only echoes of footsteps.