Chapter 4

The dying of heat was spread throughout this land. The sun could no more nurture creatures with warmth. Only the flicker of fire could save that.

There was a bond with fire I had that even so it gives warmth, it gave a thirst for my bloodshed as well.

And so, my goal for now was not to find warmth, but to find a weapon. I felt alone without one. But not just any weapon, swords had a tight relationship with me.

The least I could do was find a blacksmith, I can't make swords myself. The money I had could at least supply me with a decent sword.

And to do that, I went to a town nearby. Most of the people around me sheltered their necks with scarves or wore heavy, warm clothing. I was only wearing a light jacket, not providing as much warmth as their attire.

The road had sprinkles of snow atop, most had been wiped by the footsteps of others.

A couple stared at me, but then walked away to get on with their doings. I didn't mind, for all I was doing was looking for blacksmiths.

I came across one, with an ash covered face. His face lined with cold sweat. Brown hair was swept onto his blue eyes.

I thought about on what I wanted, and then announced to him, "Do you have any swords, skinny, but sharp and not much of a handle to carry around?"

He looked to the side in thought, then looked at me deeply, mostly eyeing my arms. "I'll see." He said softly, turning then I heard the quiet echoes of swords bumping into each other as someone rustled them to find a specific one.

But it turns out, he brought out two swords. Both of them looked expensive. Both were inside shiny, obsidian cases. They were dual swords.

He examined me more as I looked at the inside of one of the swords, it was made of a radiant silver metal. Was it sharp enough?

I grabbed it by it's black handle and pressed the dull side to the flesh of my finger gently, and it cut, a red liquid flowing from my skin.

I wiped the blood from the metal, then put back the sword back in it's shelter. "Yeah, I think this will do." I said quietly, "But how come you brought me these two?"

He murmered, "Judging by yourself, you seem pretty strong. Wearing something like that out in the cold isn't that normal around here, you must have experience with swords to." He inquired. "I think you would be strong in both arms."

I was happy to know these swords were good for me, like a perfect match but.. maybe its the price that might not allow me to get them.

"I...I only have this much." I said noting the disappointment I felt as I grabbed out my money bag, then pushing it to the blacksmith.

He blinked, then laughed, "Its okay then, the swords must've chosen you specifficaly."

I was in a surprised state. I couldn't mutter anything out much, all I could say with my voice was, "Thank..You.", and the 'you' part was mostly said with my breath.

He nodded, then waved goodbye as I hunched the swords' cases on the side of my hips and wandered off.

My destination now, since the sun was about to rest, was some place in the forest to take a rest or lay down. But something stopped me.

I saw the faint glow of two eyes, both looked emotionless. I squinted my eyes, I couldn't tell what this person or thing looked like since of the darkness of the alley they were in.

I stopped in my tracks and tore my gaze away from the forest, and started to go to the dark alley. This could mean maybe some practice with my new swords.