C h a p t e r T w e n t y N i n e

Rogue's POV

Sting still hasn't come back yet and we were all starting to get really worried. The forest was huge, he could be anywhere. He was really mad when he stormed off so it's making me wonder if he'll even come back.

"Is he coming back?" Mirajane asked.

"I don't know," I shook my head.

Just then, a loud angry cry echoed throughout the forest before an intense surge of magic rippled through the forest as well. Some trees even snapped from how strong the magic was.

Immediately, we all ran to where we heard the cry coming from. I really hope that wasn't Sting because it did sound an awful lot like him.

Unfortunately, I was right. It was Sting. He was alone but the area around him was destroyed. The screen looked very familiar...like when Y/n lost control because Sting broke up with her.

It also looked a little like when Minerva threw a massive tantrum because I wouldn't try her soup because I was really allergic to one of the ingredients in it. I had her soup in the end and got extremely sick. She then felt bad and kept apologising to me.

I miss Minerva.

Sting was now slumped on the grassy floor of the forest, panting and coughing heavily. He had beads of sweat on his forehead and his pupils were dilated as though he had just lost control.

"STING!" I shouted, running up to him, "What happened?!"

"I...I just-...I can't-" Sting stuttered but then he just fell. His face looked drained of colour. He almost looked...dead.

"STING!" Mirajane shouted, "GET HIM BACK TO CAMP RIGHT AWAY!"

Laxus swung him over his shoulder and jogged alongside Mirajane to the camp.

All of us rushed after them. They laid Sting down gently and Mirajane started to rummage through the first aid bag.

We gave them some space to help Sting since we had no idea how to help either.

We sat by the fireplace as they continued.

"Do you think he saw Dhutia?" Natsu asked.

"It's a possibility," Erza crossed her arms, "Does Dhutia know that Sting is Y/n's boyfriend?"

"He does," I nodded, "Because he video called us a while back saying that he has Y/n."

"DID YOU GUYS FEEL THAT MAGIC?!" Mavis screamed, running up to us with Zeref next to her.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot she came here with us. Where the hell did she go?

"First master, are you alright?" Erza asked, hearing the panic in Mavis' voice.

"THAT WAS DHUTIA! THAT WAS DHUTIA'S MAGIC!" Mavis continued screaming in a frantic state. She must've been so traumatised from her encounter with him ages ago if it's caused her to be like this.

"THAT WAS DHUTIA?!" Natsu exclaimed, "That was so powerful!"

"That wasn't even his full power," Zeref spoke in a rather calm tone, "That's the magic he uses to play around."

"Well..." Erza mumbled, "We are going to be in a little bit of trouble. How can we defeat him? I don't even think our magic is able to overpower that. He's a god. We're just wizards."

Y/n's POV

Being the twisted freak Dhutia was, he showed me a video of what happened between him and Sting.

Sting looked so tired. It felt like a dagger was being dragged through my heart. He was trying so hard to fight back but Dhutia's a god, and Sting's physical state wasn't doing well at all.

Tears were streaming down my face as Dhutia forced me to watch the love of my life being tortured.

"I didn't kill him," Dhutia shrugged as if it was nothing.

It was infuriating me that I couldn't do anything inside this anti-magic tube. I wanted to hit him. Kill him even. I was so angry that he did that to Sting.

"It was only to stop them from looking for you. I gave them a little scare, that's all," Dhutia smiled angelically, "Maybe now they'll learn and stop wasting their time."

"That's not how friends work, loner," I spat, "If you had any friends, you'd know that they'd always come for you, and I'd do the same for them."

"I am not a loner. I have friends," Dhutia glared.

"I told you, imaginary ones don't count!" I screamed.

"THEY ARE REAL!" Dhutia shouted.

"Are real? Or were real?" I challenged, "Didn't you kill all the people you knew?"

"I..." Dhutia trailed off. Maybe I hit a nerve. Good.

"Were they really your friends if you killed them?" I pressed on.

"They were my friends," Dhutia responded with gritted teeth.

"Did they consider you a friend?" I laughed, "Do they even consider you as a friend even after you killed them?"

"Yes. They know that they were important to me," Dhutia mumbled.

"Well clearly they weren't that important to you if you killed them," I scoffed, "How are you not bothered by that?"

"Shut up," Dhutia spat.

Rogue's POV

I decided to go and look at the place where Sting was attacked, hoping to find any sort of evidence that could show us where Dhutia was located.

Even the trees around the area looked hurt from Dhutia's attack. They had slash marks on them and a lot of their leaves had fallen.

"Did you find anything?" Erza asked.

"Not yet," I shook my head, "Did Mirajane say anything about Sting? Is he recovering well?"

"He's doing fine," Erza nodded, "His wounds are healing very quickly and he doesn't look as though he's in as much pain as he was earlier."

"Good," I let out a sigh of relief, "What are the others up to?"

"They're also looking around the area for evidence or clues," Erza responded.

"Have you found anything?" I asked.

"Not really. I only saw an old temple on my way here," Erza shrugged.

"Wait, what?!" I suddenly freaked out. Is she talking about the temple I visited with Y/n, Minerva and Sting?!

"Come, I'll show you," Erza showed me the way to the temple and I followed behind her eagerly.

Sure enough, right in front of us was the temple that brought back flashbacks of Sting and Y/n's massive argument, but also it also brought back a lot of Y/n's memories.

The temple looked undisturbed and the same as we left it.

It looked untouched.

Could Dhutia have come from inside the temple?