C h a p t e r F o u r

Sting's POV

I put on a button-up white shirt, but I had the collar open, so you could see my collarbone. Then I put on some black jeans. Rogue had already left since he was so eager to see Minerva. It's funny because I've never seen him so lovesick before.

Running my fingers through my hair and looking one last time in the mirror, I set out to meet them.

It wasn't an insanely long walk, but it felt like it was. It's okay though. I'd travel as far as needed if it meant I got to see Y/n.

When I got there, I only saw Minerva and Rogue sitting there.

"Hey, where's Y/n?" I asked, confused. They looked a little startled when I spoke. Then I realised it was because they were holding hands. Immediately, they pulled away. I smirked.

"She's over there," Rogue coughed. I winked at him and I jogged up to Y/n, sitting next to her.

"Oh hey Sting," She looked at me, smiling. Her gorgeous e/c eyes sparkled in the moonlight. She's so beautiful.

"How come you aren't with those two?" I asked.

"I felt like a third wheel," She chuckled and I laughed.

"Also, I wanted to apologise," I said nervously when we both laid down to watch the fireworks begin.

"For what?" She turned to look at me.

"Yesterday. When I kissed you on the forehead. I was in no position to do that," I scratched my neck nervously, avoiding her eyes.

"I actually...kind of liked it," She said back, more nervous than me.

"You did?" I asked, surprised.

"I...like you," She confessed. Our eyes met and I could see the anxiety rising in her eyes whilst she waited for my answer.

I leaned over her, so I was on top of her. Meeting her eyes for a bit longer, then I lowered my head, our lips touching. It wasn't a deep kiss, but I made sure she could feel the infinite amount of love I had for her.

I could feel her tense up underneath me, but then she relaxed, putting her hand on my cheek and kissing me back.

We pulled away, sitting up.

"You know, that was my first kiss," She admitted, leaning her head on my shoulder.

"How is that possible? You're so pretty!"

She chuckled lightly. Her laugh was adorable. Oh my god, I love her so much.

"Hey Y/n?" I asked.

"Hm?" She answered back, taking her head off my shoulder so she could look at me properly.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" I smirked.

"Is that even a question?" She smiled, leaning in to kiss me again. The fireworks soared and exploded in the sky. The moment was perfect.

When we pulled away we spotted Minerva and Rogue. They were kissing too. How coincidental.

This is possibly the best and most perfect night ever.

Y/n's POV

The fireworks finished while Sting's head was on my lap. I looked down at him, admiring his features. Everything about him was perfect. I don't understand how he'd like someone like me, I mean, I don't even know who I am.

Rogue and Minerva already headed off. We didn't even realise they left actually. I'm guessing they had a good night too though.

"What're you staring at, hm?" Sting gave me his signature smirk.