Chapter 1

~Present~

When people push each other enough, they either depart or push back. What if someone pulled someone else closer? Would it matter if the outside forces or would it be better to see the input?

"I'm sick of all this, 'How'd you get your band name?'

'Is that your real first name?'

'Can you text and can you follow back-'"

"Ugh." The crimson eyed teenager groaned at her phone. She blearily rubbed her eyes, taking the sleep away. Why did she have to get up this early? It's not like she wanted to. Her best friend was calling her and it wasn't like she was not going to answer.

"Yes?" She snapped at Inasa Yoarashi, her best friend her age. They met at the playground when she was younger, even though they both go to different schools. They don't see each other that much anymore, but still talk on the phone regularly.

"Are you not up yet, Mikana? You realize that today is the day, right?"

"Huh?" Her confusion made an appearance through the phone.

"Here's a hint," Inasa took a big intake of air. Knowing what this means, Mikana put her phone away from her ear. "U.A. entrance exams!" He yelled at her, clearing her mind in an instant.

With that knowledge, Mikana quickly put Inasa on speaker and quickly got ready. She was wearing a blue backless top, with white high-waisted shorts, and black converse. In order to use her quirk, she needed as much oxygen as she could. Therefore, the more revealing, the more she can take in.

She walked down the hallway to the kitchen, where she saw her sister making breakfast and her mom drinking coffee, while simultaneously, getting ready for work. Her older sister, Milan, was going to be a third year at U.A. High with her best friends.

Mirio Togata, a blonde sun, was a hard worker that almost never lost his smile and his shine. Amajiki Tamaki, a raven haired moon, that had bad anxiety but he made do with two years of Hero Training. Nejire Hado, a periwinkle star, was a hyper girl that had never been mad.

"Hello. What are you making?" The soft spoken Mikana asked her older sister. Milan pushed her black and pink hair behind her ear and glanced at her.

"Eggs and sausage for your big day!" Milan smiled slightly at the girl. Mikana nodded her head and sat at the table with her mom. Sasuru Akami was no novice to her daughters dreams. Milan wanted to help her hero allies, and Mikana wanted to make her parents proud. Even if her mother insisted that she was already as proud as she can be, it still didn't change the fact that Mikana wants to prove herself.

"Eat up, or you'll be late." Milan set the food down in front of her mother and sister. They quickly ate, and Sasuru immediately left, leaving only the sisters.

"C'mon! I'm going with you." Milan said as she put on her shoes and walked outside. Mikana quickly followed after her sister and together they walked to UA High.

"Tamaki told me that he recommended you. Mirio did too, I think. It somehow worked out, considering we're students. I guess that makes sense, they are in the top three of the students, even above the third years last year. Being recommended is pretty cool" Milan said and she had babbled on until they got to school together. Mikana nodded to her sister and walked into the auditorium for the recommended students. She looked for her best friend and found him standing in the first aisle.

"Did I wake you alright?" Inasa questioned in a loud voice. Mikana nodded and walked off to find a seat, with Inasa following behind.

"So how's life? What's family up to? How are your other friends? What - "