4. New Projects

I wasn't sure what he was going to say next.

"Ms. Canton, my staff and I have decided that after looking at your resumé, you have what we are looking for. The other candidates for this job had nothing compared to you. I understand this is not a typical interview, but we would like you to accept this job, if it is what you want."

What I want? Of course! I can't believe that this happening, but I still contained myself pretty well considering the current circumstances.

"That would be great. I will accept this job," I said, containing most of my excitement. I signed some papers and I was finished.

I just accepted my dream job. I wanted to text Dylan but I knew I'd have to wait until later.

"Thank you, Ms. Canton. We have been looking for someone with the right credentials to take this position. Now, if you don't mind I have a meeting to go to, but I'll have someone to give you a tour of the naval base."

After our conversation, his assistant was told to take me around the office and tell me about my first project with the team.

"Hi, I'm Anna, Mr. Ralsh's assistant," she introduced herself as Mr. Ralsh escorted me out of his office. She seemed pretty busy.

"I'm Stephanie, nice to meet you," I said.

She looked about twenty-five and had long curly brown hair with brown eyes. Anna wore a teal shirt and black jeans with a pretty gold necklace and tall gold heels. Her golden designer watch shimmered in the lights. I could tell Anna was the center of attention around here. She showed very little emotion at all. Most of the guys stared at her as we walked down the winding hallways and tried to get her attention.

She was very methodical. After Mr. Ralsh had left, Anna addressed me.

"So, I need to give you a tour pretty fast. I have a hundred things to do and a ton of emails to respond to."

I tried to keep up with her fast pace.

As we walked by each location, she gave me a brief summary of each place. "This is the courtyard where people have lunch and the coffee shop. There are different offices for the different departments. Here is your department," she said as she opened a door with many desks and people working. We walked to an open desk in the middle of the room.

"Here is your desk. Aubrey is going to take you to get your laptop from the software installers," she said.

She motioned to a girl about my age with long wavy red hair and green eyes. She wore a black top with pastel mint jeans, tall silver heels, and a silver necklace.

"Now, I have to go. Try not to cause any problems,"Anna retorted giving me a look. "Aubrey, make sure she gets everything she needs." Anna left the offices storming out in hurry.

"I wonder what that was all about," I thought as I sat down at my new desk for the first time.

"Don't worry about her," Aubrey said almost reading my thoughts. She continued, "The last person we hired made a lot of trouble for her and she is afraid it could happen again."

"Oh," I mananged to say before looking around to see the whole office staring at me.

"We've heard a lot about you, Stephanie. This office has been needing someone like you for our department. We needed another person on our team that knows how to run the show. I'll show you how it works around here," Aubrey said.

She got up from her desk and introduced me to everyone.

"This is Owen, Stella, Isaac, Madison, and Landon."

Everyone seemed pretty friendly. Landon's warm smile made me shiver.

Aubrey explained, "This is your team. You will work with them on all of your projects around the naval base. If you have any questions talk to them first. Landon, you will explain the current project to her after we get her computer. Let's go." She motioned to me and we walked through another hallway.

"I know I'm not part of your team, but you can always ask me questions if you need anything," Aubrey encouragingly told me as we went into yet another office door. This place had way to many hallways to get lost in.

"Thanks," I said still feeling a little worried.

I talked to Aubrey a little more as we waited in line to get my computer. Computers were a big deal around here and it seemed like they always needed to get fixed. No wonder computer programming was such a big deal around here.

While in line, she told me something else I didn't know. "Since you're new here I need to tell you about an upcoming event. Each year, the naval base has a party to celebrate its founding. This year happens to be the 100th year birthday. Because it is going to be a huge deal, everyone invited must have an invitation and a date in order to go. Most people put time and talent into the way they ask people to be their date, especially this year with it being 100 years and all."

Wow. I wondered if I would get invited to the party. I mean I guess I could always go with Dylan. Speaking of Dylan, I remembered I need to text him the news that I got the job.

We got my computer and I went back to my team to talk to Landon.

"Hey," he greeted me as I walked up to his desk. He had blue eyes and blonde hair and was definitely a surfer.

"Hey, so tell me about our current project," I said.

"Well, we are working to make a new type of software..."

He explained it all to me. Our deadline was a day before the 100th anniversary party.

He was pretty attractive which made it hard to focus on what he was saying.

He finished telling me everything and smiled. His teeth were perfect.

Throughout the morning, he flirted with me. I found myself thinking about him a lot. Landon left for a lunch meeting with another navy base.

Lunch finally came around and Dylan came to the office to meet me. He gave me a huge hug as he walked in smiling.

"Hey," Dylan said warmly. "Want to go to lunch?"

"That would be great!" I said grabbing my purse on the way out.

A/N: Ooohhh Landon seems to be on Steph's radar! Do you guys like Dylan or Landon better so far? Seriously, comment below if you see any tweaks or corrections that I should make. And don't hesitate to message me with questions. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention if you are enjoying Hope is RIsing I'd love for you to vote, too! Thank you bunches!