Ch. 8

Snuggling into her covers, the day spent playing with Claric took a small toll on her body as her legs were sore. The demonic book of about gluttony helped her with her workout for the next few days.

"RAAAAAAAA!!"

"AH!" The girl jolted awake as the sudden scream scared her out of her sleep.

Wide eyes looked around the room to see what was the cause, only for them to land on the familiar alarm clock her grandfather had given her on the nightstand. She reached over and hit the top of it, the shrieking of it immediately stopped as the beak closed.

Her hand moved over to her chest as her body was full of adrenaline, "that's really bad for the heart" she said out loud before letting out a deep sigh.

Once she was calmed down, she removed the covers off of her and got out of bed. With a quick morning routine and changing into her school uniform, (Y/n) was all ready for school.

She stood at the gate as she have nod to Sullivan and Opera, "i'll be heading out"

"Be careful!" Sullivan told her as he waved at her in his chibi form.

The (h/c) haired girl made her way to the school, the usual 20 minute walk but it's a good way to get her steps in for the day. Asmodeus has been waiting at the gate like he's been doing since the first day, but she was alright with it.

She gave him a slight wave, "morning Azz" she greeted him as she stopped next to him.

He gave her a nod and a smile, "good morning (Y/n), having a good morning?"

She nodded, "minus an alarm clock scaring me half to death, it's going good so far"

"Alarm clock?" He rose an eyebrow at this.

"Grandpa got me an alarm clock that screams bloody murder"

He blinked as he nodded his head, "you have it on the highest setting"

She tilted her head, "eh?"

"all alarm clocks have a volume setting, you have yours on the highest if it scared you" he explained as the two of them turned to walk inside.

(Y/n) looked around as she took it in, "why wasn't I told?" She asked herself as they walked, but was brought out of her questioning state as arms appeared sticking out from her sides as a body crashes into her.

"Gah!"

Asmodeus stopped walking as his eyes were widen as he saw the familiar green haired boy now laying on top on the back of the (h/c) haired girl on the ground.

He immediately glared at him, "Claric! Get off of her this instant!" He shouted at him.

Claric pushed himself off, earning a groan from (Y/n) as he used her back to get himself up, and sat beside the fallen body. His legs bent as he looked at the pink haired boy, "morning Azz-Azz!" He greeted him with a toothy smile.

A small growl came from Asmodeus before he picked Claric up by his jacket and tossed him aside. He then bend down as he helped (Y/n) with getting back on her feet, "are you alright?"

She gave him a small nod as she held a hand to her chest, "just a bit of pain from the fall, but I'm alright"

Claric came back to them and threw his arms over their shoulders, making them stumble a bit, "you guys ready to play?" He asked then.

"Play?"

"What about school? Are classes not starting today?" (Y/n) asked as she was confused.

Asmodeus pushed Claric off of them as he stood to his full height, "classes start in a week"