Ch. 9

Classes would official start in a few days, meaning another day being prepared with books and knowing where all the classrooms are in the giant building called a school.

Sullivan has already gone to the school to take care of a few stuff so Opera was the only one to wave her off in the morning.

The doors closed behind her when her eyes widen, she wasn't prepared to see both Asmodeus and Claric standing just at the gate.

"Morning guys, didn't know you knew what I lived" (Y/n) said in an awkward tone while walking up to them, not recall of telling them where she lived.

Asmodues bonked Claric on the top of the head, "I caught this culprit sneaking behind you on the way home yesterday, he insisted on seeing you in the morning" he explained as the green haired boy rubbed his head.

"I wanted to surprise her!" He pouted at him before turning to look to the side while crossing his arms.

A small smile appeared on (Y/n)'s face, "I appreciate the gesture, but please let me know in advance if you wanted to know my address" she said to them as she moved to close the gate behind her.

"Okay" Claric said through pouted lips.

Asmodues nodded his head, "if that is what you want then we will oblige"

She did a nod as well, "thank you, should we go?"

The pink haired boy nodded his head before two wings sprang from his back along with Claric, startling the girl at how sudden they just appeared.

"Are you not summoning your wings Mistress?" Asmodeus asked with a slight head tilt.

Her mouth stammered a bit before any words came out, "I-I actually planned to walk, great with keeping my stamina up" she lied as her voice went weak at the start.

Both the boys looked at the girl with confusion in their eyes.

"I wanna walk with (Y/n)-chi!" Claric said as his wings snapped back into his back as he jumped to hold the girl's arm.

Asmodeus' wings closed behind him as well as he gave a slight nod, "it is a smart way to keep yourself above those who fly, I shall join you as well"

An awkward smile appeared on her face as a small chuckle left her throat.

The trio walked to the school, Claric was talking about the new type of candy stick he had saw just the other day.

"Do you have it with you Claric?" She asked as the three of them stopped walking.

He nodded, "right here" he tapped his pocket and a stick with a head came out. He held it for her to take, "funky little thing, I don't know how to open it"

(Y/n) took it from him and immediately opened the head, showing a small piece of pink candy inside.

"Whoa!" Claric's eyes were widen in complete shock.

She dropped the candy into her hand before popping it into her mouth while closing the top. She wiggled the item in her hand, "it's a Pez stick, holds small pieces of candy" she explained to him as she dropping it into his opened hands.

Asmodues looked at the item in the green haired boy's hands, "interesting, how do you know of this?" He asked her.

(Y/n) shrugged, "they have a lot of them where I come from"

He rose an eyebrow as Claric started shooting multiple candy pieces from the Pez, "come from?"

Her lips thinned a little, "guess you can say I'm adopted?" She replied as it wasn't a total lie.

"Oh" was all Asmodeus said as he wasn't expecting to hear that.

She waved a hand in front of her, "sorry! Guess that came out of nowhere" she apologized to him.

He shook his head, "don't worry, I'm pleased to see you trust us with such information"

"You two are my friends, it's better if it's coming from me then someone else" she explained as she looked over at Claric, who had a pile of candy in hands before putting all of it in his mouth.

Asmodeus furrowed his eyebrows slightly, "friends? I'm afraid I don't know what that word means"

"Ah!" (Y/n) panicked as she ran behind the now choking Claric, quick to do the hemlock maneuver on him.

It took a few tries before he spat out the candy, drool on his lip as he leaned forward into the girl's arms. He wiped the drool off his face before turning around and giving her a hug, "my hero!" He shouted as he lifted her off the ground.

"Cla-aric!" She said his name in slight fear as the three of them were standing on a risen path with a big drop off.

Asmodeus moved over to them and took the (h/c) haired girl from his grip and placed her beside him. He then turn to look down on him, "that is not how we handle Mistress (Y/n)" his eyes squinted slightly into a small intimidating glare.

Claric looked at him with a smug smile, but it looked like a regular goofy smile to (Y/n), "I am just showing my love for her, nothing else" his tail wiggled behind him in a mischievous manner.

Said girl looked at the two in an awkward manner, not knowing how to handle an angry snake and a mischief dog.

She pulled out the pocket watch that Sullivan had gifted her and opened it, (e/c) eyes widen as she noticed the time. She looked up at them as she closed the watch, "we're going to be late if we stay here" she said to them before turning around and walking ahead to school.

Asmodeus and Claric turned to look at (Y/n), who was now walking away from them, before looking back at each other. Then moved to run after her to catch up, but the taller of the two used his tail to trip a certain someone.

Claric fell down with a small yelp as Asmodeus chuckled slightly as he was going to be the one to catch up to the girl.

The green haired boy lifted his face off the ground and glared at him. He then lifted the rest of his body off of the ground and sprinted to the two. Making sure to tackle the back of Asmodeus in a revenge manner, but due to his size he only made him stumble a bit.

The two shared a glare as they stood on both side of (Y/n) as they returned to making their way to school.