Chapter 23

Phoenix's P.O.V 

       I woke up to the sun shining through the windows and Carlos laying beside me with his arm draped lazily around my waist. I smiled placing a hand on his cheek caressing it slightly. he stirred slightly before his beautiful chocolate brown eyes fluttered open and sleepy smile tugged at his lips " Good morning love " I said softly mimicking his smile as he pulled me closer " I could seriously get used to waking up like this " he said kissing my forehead causing me to smile even more. I rolled over grabbing my phone seeing that I had a text from both Mal and Ben causing  me to groan to myself " I have to go " I said getting up and getting dress in a green t-shirt and brown tights along with a pair of green high tops. Carlos chuckled before kissing me passionately " I'll see you soon baby girl I love you " he said as I smiled wanting to stay in his arms for a little while longer " I love you too babe " I said walking out of my room with Carlos following close behind. After saying a quick goodbye to my parents I walked out of the house and made my way to the campus where Ben and Mal were waiting patiently in Audrey's room. When I got there I was greeted with a hug from both of them " So glad you could make it. I hope we didn't ruin your morning " Ben said as I laughed slightly " no you didn't....well you kind of did" I said as Mal frowned both in confusion and guilt " sorry...how did we do that exactly " she asked as I giggled rolling my eyes " Take a guess...But anyway I have my whole life with him to make up for this morning " I said as Mal and Ben looked at each other with knowing looks on their faces. 

      I playfully swatted at them rolling my eyes at the both of them knowing what they were thinking just by the looks on their faces. They backed away slightly " No, We didn't do what you think we did last night and we definitely weren't doing it this morning " I said as Mal giggled slightly before smirking " Are you sure? " she asked as I pushed her away from me " You would've been able to tell " I answered simply as Mal and Ben nodded along in agreement since they knew what I meant from that statement.  Silence fell over the room as worry finally settled in. Of course, everyone was worried for Audrey's well being....including me. Okay okay I admit I don't like her, but that doesn't necessarily mean I wanted her dead or you know cursed to eternal sleep...well might as well say dead I guess. Beast was pacing as Audrey's grandmother refused to leave her side, Belle and Fairy godmother standing anxious on side of the room while I made sure Mal and Ben didn't go insane ( okay no I was just to calm their nerves ). Finally there a knock on the door stopping Beast's pacing as he opened the door allowing a chained up Hades and a few guards to enter the room. Mal stepped toward her father " Thank you for coming " she said to her father as I leaned against the wall " didn't have much choice " Hades replied back blandly as Ben stepped forward with a worried expression on his face " Can you wake her? " he asked as Hades took a glance over at Audrey before looking back at Ben " Since when do heroes care about villains? " he asked as I walked up to Ben placing a gentle hand on his shoulder " She's- " Ben started until Hades cut him off " one of your own...Right " he finished Ben's sentence laughing a bit at the end of his statement. 

      The room went silent for a moment or two and the anxious feeling bubbled within me wanting to know what Hades had to say next. Something told me he wasn't finished talking about this " When you guys try to take over the world...it's an error in judgement , but when it's one of us lock them up and throw away the key " he said as my eyes widened and I lifted a hand to my mouth in shock not really expecting that but he did have a point " Right Beast? " he said turning to Beast who looked at him with an expression that was a mixture of pain and desperation. Another second of complete silence before Hades lifted his hands that were still handcuffed " Yeah,I'm gonna need to use my hands " he said matter-of-factly as Mal and I looked at Ben for approval. He nodded before the guards removed the chains off Hades before he extended his right hand towards Mal indicating to her to give him the ember. Mal did as told and gave him the ember and as soon as his hand went around the ember his hair glowed a light blue fire " Haven't lost my touch " he said before turning towards Beast and growling at him causing Beast to growl back " Dad " Mal said causing both men to stop growling and then Hades walked to the end of Audrey's bed before blue light appeared. 

      Hades waved his ember and the light disappeared and seconds later Audrey rose up and she was awake. Audrey looked to Ben with a pleading expression " Tell me it was all just a bad dream" she said as Ben looked at her his expression practically blank " I wish I could, but it's over now " he said reassuringly as I nodded in agreement " I'm sorry I wanted to hurt you both, I wanted to hurt all of you " Audrey said sitting up as Mal walked up to her " I have owed you an apology for a very long time " She said as I nudged Ben who looked at me before looking back Audrey " and so have I " he said sincerely as he took a step forward to where he was standing behind Mal " And perhaps I have owed you one too " Audrey's grandmother said to Mal as the two of them curtsy to each other. I smiled before walking towards the door " Phoenix! Wait! " Audrey said catching my attention as I turned around to face her " I have owed you an apology for a really long time even longer than Mal has owed hers to me. I want to say that I'm sorry for everything. I shouldn't have called you a thief or said you should've been sent to the isle just because you were the daughter of Robin Hood. I'm especially sorry for calling you a freak and making you feel so horrible about yourself that Ben had to stop you from self-harming. I'm actually really happy for you...You found someone who loves you for you " she said as I bowed my head in shame wondering how she knew I used to cut myself only Carlos,Mal, Evie, Jay  and Ben knew about that. Of course Carlos and Ben knew the full story...Ben experienced it and well Carlos shared everything about him to me so It was only fair I did the same. I just shrugged it off and smiled at her " It's fine Audrey...I'm just really glad that you finally learned from your mistakes and finally apologized for all the wrong you did towards me. " I said sweetly still smiling as my tail flickered slightly. 

      The guard went up to Hades and they put the chains back on him signalling that it was time to go. They led him out of the room and into the hall as Mal followed them " Dad " she called as I walked behind her stopping at the doorway just a few inches away from her. Hades turned around to face her " I'm gonna have to miss you all over again " Mal said as her father looked up at the ceiling with a slight smile " thanks for a glimpse of the sun " he answered back as Mal walked up to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek making me smile slightly. The guards began to lead Hades away from Mal but just before he left he slipped the ember into Mal's hands then continue to be led away from her. Mal looked at the Ember with tears in her eyes and held it to her stomach " Mal, are you gonna be okay? " I asked as she turned to me nodding " I know what I'm gonna do...I've made my choice " she said as I smiled before hugging her " I know you're gonna make the right choice and do what's best for both Auradon and the Vks....We believe in you " I said before walking away making my way to find Carlos so I can spend the rest of the day cuddling with him.