Married to a...ghost?

Clarity's P.O.V

I was trying to enjoy my snack on my lunch break because for the past 4 hours I had to endure a suspicious gang running me back and forth to the kitchen to fix there orders.

It was only after the 3rd trip back to the kitchen I realized they just wanted to check out my behind.

So this break was much needed, but Natasha seemed to wanna play 21 questions.

"Did you call him yet?" She asked excitedly munching on some reject chicken that was burnt a little so Marshall said we could have it for lunch.

"Why would I do that, i'm married?" I questioned.

I had not given Aspen a call, I mean he seemed like a nice guy and all but I was still fake married to Marshall in a real marriage. We couldn't just date other people it was raise attention that we definitely didn't need.

"You can still talk to him." Natasha urged. 

I shrugged, "I guess."

Our break ended and as usual customers were giving us a hard time and to make matters worse one of our bosses high clients came in with his gang and all were just as equally as irritating.

One guy named Ethan just wouldn't leave me alone either, he flirted with me throughout the entire time he was there. By the time they had left I was completely exhausted and didn't want to deal with not a single other person.

-

Me and Marshall both rode the bus home yet he was unusually quiet, matter of fact he hadn't really said anything to me the entire day. Usually on our lunch break we would at least converse and occasionally flirt just to make it seem like we were really a married couple, but today he didn't even look my way, I chalked it up to him being busy with all the orders we had to fill today, but he hadn't even said anything on the bus and we were literally sitting right next to each other.

So when we finally got back to the shelter I decided to ask him if he was okay.

"Yeah, I'm getting ready to head out for a bit, i'll see you later." He said heading out the door before I could even reply.

That was weird.

I sighed sitting down on the bed and thinking about rather I really should call Aspen or not, I mean he was a Risk Consultant which is something we both could use at the moment, we needed a loan and he seemed like the perfect person to ask more information about it on.

I got the card he had given me that night out of the drawer on my side and pulled it out. I didn't have a cell phone so I knew I would have to get up and go to the front desk If I wanted to actually call him.

I sighed realizing I had nothing else better to do, so I got up and headed to the main desk to use the public phone.

I had finally reached the desk and was thankful no one was currently up there or using the phone so I dialed the number and was more than surprised when he picked up on the second ring.

"Hello?" He asked.

"Hey Aspen it's me Clarity." I said.

"Clarity, its nice to hear from you, I didn't think you'd call to be honest." He said sounding surprised to hear my voice.

"Me either." I thought in my head.

"Yeah well you seemed like a nice guy to talk too plus I could use some financial advice on how to start saving up money to get a home again." I explained.

"Yeah no I get it, I'd be happy to help, umm you wanna meet for coffee tomorrow morning there's a place on 7 mile called Kevin's Cafe?" He asked.

"I've heard of that place, yeah we can meet up but it's gotta be quick cause I have a shift after so let's say 8 O'clock?" I said.