Guilty Conscious & A White Rabbit

We had finally made it back to the Shelter after work and were both exhausted and a bit frightened not completely sure if we had made the right decision working for this restaurant.

Marshall's P.O.V

Clarity was silent pretty much the entire ride home, and I could tell she was just as uneasy as me about the entire thing.

We were both sitting separately on our beds, I was writing down some more lyrics and she was tying her hair up for the night and I thought now would be a good time to ask her how exactly she was doing. I never got the chance to talk with her after the release party about what had happened.

She didn't appear to look any more different than usual, but I knew she was the type to hold emotions in until the point of disaster.

"Clarity you got a min?" I asked her immediately catching her attention as I took off my head phones.

"Yeah what's wrong?" She asked looking confused as she continued to tie her hair.

"Nothing, just wondering how you are and everything..we didn't exactly get to talk after the party the other night." I said seeing realization take over her.

She shrugged her shoulders as usual before speaking, "I'm fine, a little more worried about you though, you were completely wasted this morning." She frowned. "It's a good thing no one saw you or we might've been kicked out." She said crossing her arms immediately making me feel guilty.

Something she was very good at.

"Yeah kinda over did it I guess." I said with a shrug of my own.

"Look I don't care if you drink or whatever you do, but please don't do it on the expense of us having a roof over our heads." She continued.

"I won't." I reassured.

She nodded, "Anything else you wanna say?" She asked yawning obviously about to go to bed.

"Nah, Good night." I said, she responded with night as she flipped off the light near her and immediately went under the covers to go to sleep.

Meanwhile my brain was still flooded with thoughts, Clarity was a stranger to me, And a mystery at that, but she was now my wife as well, and even though we were completely faking it to be able to live here and get a better loan and house I still had some type of responsibility of looking out for her, and I was failing completely.

I closed my notebook and turned off my CD player flicking off my side of the lights and layed back in bed.

My dreams taking me into an abyss along with my Guilty Conscious.

-

Clarity's P.O.V

I awoke to the sound of my alarm and yawned not entirely sure if I was ready for what today was about to bring, but I decided that if I was ever gonna get anywhere in life I was just gonna have to suck it up.

I turned once again to see Marshall had already left for today, which was normal because his shift started before mine.

I got up, got dressed and slowly began making my way to work.

It was a rather uneventful day, but I was more than relieved, I was on edge the entire shift praying that some gangsters wouldn't come in and shoot up the joint.

Me and Marshall was supposed to ride the bus home but he said he had something else to do so I rode alone trying not to let any of the guys pervy stares bother me.

I had made it to the shelter and was trying to unwind for the night and by unwind I mean stressing over how we were ever gonna raise enough money to get out of this shelter.