Getting in the Routine

I woke up to the sound of snoring next to me, and I was beyond confused, because I don't remember letting anyone into my house.

And then that's when I remember what had happened.

I yawned rising up out the bed and looking over to my left to see the brown haired man next to me snoring with his shirt off.

"Not bad." I thought as I got up to stretch.

I could smell the breakfast aroma wafting through the door and I figured I might as well wake the sleeping man next to me, if he wanted to eat today.

I walked over to his bed side and casually said, "Hey Marshall wake up!" I said yelling slightly.

Nothing.

"Marshall!" I yelled again.

His snores once again filled the room.

"God, he's a real sound sleeper.." I sighed.

How was I gonna wake him up? I leaned down over him to poke him awake, but I accidentally tripped and found myself falling directly onto him, causing him to spring awake as I lay drooped over his bare chest.

"What the-" He tiredly exclaimed looking to see who had flopped on top of him, only to see me groaning from the unexpected fall.

"Clarity, if you really wanted me you could've just woken me up and-"

"Shut up!" I groaned climbing off him and brushing off my PJ's.

"Okay." He laughed a little. "What time is it anyway?" He asked.

I looked at the digital clock on the floor and saw that it was 8 in the morning, and most people were probably up eating their breakfast by now.

"8 a.m. time for breakfast." I said. "I'm gonna go to the wash room, and get dressed, your going job searching today?" I asked shuffling around my dollar store bag that contained some clothes I bought.

"Yeah, probably apply for this restaurant down the street." He sighed raising up and grabbing his t-shirt and putting it back on.

I nodded finally grabbing my clothes and walking down to the wash room to get ready for the rest of the day.

Marshall's P.O.V

I had put on my clothes for the day and was headed to breakfast where I saw that everyone was currently gathered, I went into the line and received my breakfast that consisted of eggs, sausage, toast, and a fruit cup. I looked around the room to see if I saw Clarity but from the looks of it she wasn't there yet.

Why does it always take so long for women to get ready?

I shrugged and sat at an empty table going over in my mind the questions the hiring manager would ask me on the interview, and what I may say in response.

Being broke sucked so much balls, but I knew if I was ever going to become something, I was gonna have to start from the absolute bottom.

And what's lower than having your apartment burn down and being homeless living in a shelter?

I was nibbling on my eggs that were a little rubbery for my taste when all of a sudden I was approached with this blonde woman sitting down next to me.

"Hey." She said sitting her tray down next to me.

"Hey yourself." I said not really up for conversation so early in the morning.

"You must be new around here I've never seen you in this shelter before." She said sweetly.

Was this chick really hitting on me at a homeless shelter?