chapter twelve

I tried to stay calm as I felt my whole inside slightly breaking, and how everything just shut down right before my eyes. I was so tired of everything. This whole mafia thing, not knowing where the hell Ashton was and Luke. The most cold hearted gangleader and guy, in the whole world. 

''Taylor, are you okay?'' I heard Micheal say just before I felt my body falling towards the ground as everything underneath me started to fade away and disappear. 

I felt a couple of strong arms around my waist just as I was about to fall straight forward, and how someone put a hand as support between my shoulderblades to keep my body standing. I felt how my legs got lifted off from the ground and as I tried to blink my eyes open to get a sharper sight, when I noticed that I was laying in Michael's arms. His strong grip around my body made me feel safe but I couldn't help how all the nerves in my whole body felt like small explosions. He slowly walked us to the bed sat down by the soft covers on the edge, still holding onto me as he placed me in a comfortable position in his lap. I felt like a big baby, but how much I even tried to tell him to let go of me, I couldn't get my mouth to speak. 

''You're shaking.'' he said low after a couple of minutes in silent. 

I cleared my throat gently as I opened my mouth to say something, but couldn't manage to think of anything to say. I couldn't describe how I was feeling. The whole situation was weird, my whole life had been turned upside down in just a week. At the same time that I barely knew Michael, it felt like we had known each other for many years and that we had some kind of connection between eachother. So just like that I started to cry, and he let me. 

After about 15 minutes Michael started so shift slightly underneath me and I tilted my head up for the first time and looked him in the eyes. My sobs had started to subside and my eyes stung from all the tears. His green eyes glistered in the low lights and I knew that he understood. 

''A man doesn't need water, to feel like he's drowning. Right?'' he said as he looked at me in recognition. ''Been there, done that.'' 

I felt a lump form in the pit of my stomach as I felt slightly ashamed. Ashamed of sitting in his lap and sobbing like a freaking baby when he had feelings too. I wasn't sure how to respond so I just stared him into the eyes as I placed my head in the crook of his neck and gave him a peck. His warm skin caressed my lips and I quickly pulled away. 

''Don't..'' Michael said, making me stiff for a second as I smiled when he continued ''..stop.''

He threw himself backwards on the bed so that he was laying flat on his back with me following on top of him. The speed of the movement made me land over him, with my own face just inches from his. I felt my heart beat hard and deep as my breathing became thicker and slower. Michael tried his best to lean in, struggling when I playfully held him down by the arms. As hard as I tried to pin him down, he managed to flip us around and land on top of me with his legs on each side of my hip. He grinned as he had my arms pressed down to the soft covers of the bed.

''1-0 to me'' he said proudly.

''You're such a cheater!'' I laughed as I tried to get out of his grip. I tried to get loose but he was way to strong for me. 

''I'm not a cheater'' he chuckled as our lips was just about to brush against eachothers when I heard something rumble on the other side of the bedroom door.

A mere second later Luke was slamming the door open, his face looking murderous in rage. ''What the fuck do you think you're doing?'' he shouted as he pulled me away from Michael by the waist. 

Luke threw me down and kept an iron grip around my wrist, which made it impossible for me to get away from him. His face was stern and I could see how the anger was boiling inside of him as he clenched his jaw and his neck veins were showing.