chapter three

''Are you sure you wanna do this?'' I said somewhat terrified, staring at Ashton. ''I mean.. I didn't really think before my mouth blurted this out ..''

''Taylor.. calm down. There's not like I have any other choice. I got this. I mean.. we got this.'' Ashton said with a small smirk creeping upon his face.

He gave me a big smile as he opened his car door for me to step inside. I would lie if I said I wasn't nervous, but I trusted Ashton more then anyone. 

I took a few deep breaths as Ashton drove up to the start line. Everybody was cheering and clapping for us. I felt Ashtons warm hand cup over mine as he squeezed it lightly. 

''We got this Tay.''  he smiled.

I smiled back at him and started to feel the adrenaline pouring through every vein in my body as the music got louder. 

All of the sudden a roaring engine was heard and pulled up beside us as everybody started to cheer louder and surrounding our cars. This was getting really intense.

I felt a rush of irritation as Luke slowly swept his calm glare towards us, so I just kept my eyes focused forwards.

Three Italian girls leaped up on the road as they waved back and forth with black and white checkered start flags. They had short skirts, shirts that seemed to be a little too small and dark high heels. I giggled to myself as the thought of me wearing those clothes crept up upon my mind.

Without a thought I turned my head to the right, my gaze sweeping over Lukes car. His little bumper sat beside him in the passenger seat, looking very excited. 

I just muttered of the bare thought of her and looked away. Ashton told me about the girls who's always hanging around the ''little mob''. It's literally girls who's being paid to be around them. 
You simply just have be hot and good intimate.. thats like the 101 bumper rule.

My thoughts got interrupted as the three girls got in position and started to count down.

''10..... 9........8.......7....''

The crowd leaned in and helped...

''6....5....4....3....2...........1..................''

Everything went quiet.

''GOOO!!!!'' The girls shrieked as the both cars took off.

The rush came back and my heart speeded up as Ashton pressed the gaspedal harder and speeded through the parking house. The noise of the crowd became weaker and slowly disappeared. It was just me, the roaring engine and Ashton.
I felt both excitement and was scared at the same time as Luke slowly pulled up beside us with the same cold hearted smile. 

Ashton tried his best to slip away from him but it was an even race. Despite Ashtons engine was fast, Lukes was almost faster.

We literally flew through the whole parking lot, both cars almost next to eachother the whole time.

I turned to my right to see Lukes bumper cheering on him as she rubbed his arm and leg up and down. You could see how he tried to shake her off and to my suprise how he seemed to roar at her.

She quickly pulled back her hands and pretended that nothing had happened and just continued her cheering.

We were approaching the finish line as the cheering from the crowd got louder and louder.

People went like crazy when the cars got closer. They screamed, cheered and jumped around like wild animals. I bet there was several who's been betting on money on this race.