chapter six

''Will she ever wake up?!'' I heard a stern voice ask, what seemed to be far away in the distance, in anxiety. The sound of the voice was bleary, like it came through a speaker of a phone.

''Michael you didn't actually shoot her right!? I mean she's not dead is she?'' another voice asked.

''Calum. I didn't kill her you idiot. I just broke the chains that kept her attatched to the wall. A thing like that can't kill anyone..I think.''

''If she's hurt, you two are fucked.'' the stern voice assured. ''I'll see you later.''

By that, my brain figured the phonecall was over. I flinched the slightest and fluttered my eyes open as someone nudged me in the side.

''Ey, wake up sleeping beauty.'' My eyes were met by Michael, who was hovering over me as he eyed me wide eyed. His messy, dirty blonde hair was sprawled in all possible directions and he made it even worse by rubbing his hand through it quickly. Even though it was dark I could see his shining green eyes travell all over my face as he realised I was awake and he turned around with a slug smile on his face.  ''See Calum, I told you she's alive.'' 

I sat up at the sudden attack and winced backwards to get away from Michael who was standing over me, until my back hit a wall. As the cold concrete wall hit my back I realised I was still stuck in the same room as before. Panicked, I gazed all over the room to find something to defend myself with, if that would get necessary. To my luck, the thick chains that had kept me locked up previously, were left on the floor right beside me. 

I reached my hand out as careful as I could and took a steady grip around one of the chains as I started to pull it towards me, trying my best to not make any suspicious noises. The room was still as dark as before so I could get a good grip with the chains without Michael and Calum even noticing. As the chains started to scrape against the cold stone floor I opened my mouth to drown out the sound of it. 

''What do you want from me?'' It was a question that had been pounding in my head from the first moment this crazy madness started. Even though I didn't have a clue what the answer would be, something told me that it wasn't going to be good. Nothing seemed to be in place. I didn't know where Ashton was, or even where I was.

''We don't want anything particularly from you, we want you.'' Calum snapped as I could see his shadow approach slowly. I froze at the mention of you, and pulled the last bit of the chain in my knee as I felt my heart beat faster. The cold metal felt heavy in my hands, probably heavier than they should because of the soreness from when they were attatched to my wrists.

I tensed when I felt Calums feet graze against mine, not prepared that he was that close to me. I looked up to be met by the contours of his wide shoulders and as my gaze travelled down his body in the dark, I could see that he stood straddled right before me. 

My grip around the chains tightened as I started to push myself away from him. Suddenly I stood up in a blink of a moment and snapped the chain against Calum two times. 

''Don't you dare touch me!'' I bellowed as I snapped the chain against Calum one more time, this time making him get on his knees, whining in pain. 

I let go of the chains, turned around and started to sprint as fast as I could, heading towards the door and the stairs. But got stopped by someone standing in my way, making me bump into something that felt like a brickwall. 

Michael stood his ground with his arms folded, making it impossible for me to pass him by. The door behind him had opened the slightest and let in a faint ray of light that shone upon his back, showing the contures of his face and profile. He was slim and kinda skinny, but broad and muscular at the same time. Due to my short length both him and Calum seemed to be giants compared to me. With my bright eye measure I figured they both were over 6 feet tall.