chapter eleven

''ASHTON. WHERE IS ASHTON?'' I said as a big lump started to form in my chest. I pushed past Michael who stood in front of me and hovered out of the door in the apartment and down the stairs of the building. 

I sprinted down the stairs, taking two steps each time to get out faster, when someone suddenly got a grip around my wrist and pulled me back. The quick movement made my body bounce back and into someone, as the bones in my wrist cracked. 

I whimpered in pain as I looked up to get my eyes met by a pair of ice blue one's. Luke's. 

''Let go of me!!'' I screamed as I tried my hardest to get out of his grip, but he pulled me into his arms and held me even harder. ''I need to go find Ashton!!'' 

At this time my eyes had begun to fill with tears and I burst out crying in his arms that were in hold of me. Tears started to stroke down my face and down onto the plaid shirt that he was wearing. He let go of my damaged wrist when he noticed my tears as I simply just fell down onto the steps of the stairs, crying. 

Suddenly I heard a pair of steps coming down the hall as Michael appeared at the top of the stairs. ''What did you do to her!?'' Michael howled as he pushed past Luke who still stood beside me, and sprinted down next to me. 

''I haven't done a shit!'' Luke roared as his face expressed anger and coldness. ''We can't just let her run away, can we?'' 

Michael leaned in on me as he gently grabbed my wrist, which was probably broken. I started to sob even more as he grabbed it and started to stroke it carefully. Not because I felt the pain that should be burning inside of my arm, but because of the pain I felt inside of my chest. I didn't have a clue where my best friend was or if he even was alive.

Luke stomped up the stairs with heavy steps and shouted at Michael to take care of me. Without saying a word, he gently took a firm grip around my back and under my legs and carried me up the stairs and into the apartment. He laid me down on the bed in Luke's bedroom, the one that I had spent the night sleeping in.

Michael looked at me with an ashamed look before he opened his mouth to speak. ''I'll go get some bandage for your wrist.'' he said and left the room.

When my sobs began to subside I started to observe the room I was in, a little bit closer. Michael didn't seem to find that bandage so I thought I could look around the room for some myself. I walked up to the black drawer and searched through the boxes which was full of clothes and gadgets. I opened the top drawer and was greeted by the sight of different bands shirts, black t-shirts and plaid shirts. I lifted the different piles of clothes that were carefully constructed to search underneath them and under the pile to the right I found something hard that wasn't a flannel.

I lifted up the small object and examined it in the air in front of me, a framed photograph. I immediately recognized the guy at the portrait, with his black lip piercing and blonde quiff, but I had no idea who the pretty girl who hugged him from behind was. Just a minute later as I graced my photo one last time over the beautiful photo, I heard a growl behind me.

''WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!'' I turned around all paralyzed as I saw Luke rushing against me with tightened fists and a clenched jaw.

''I... I'm just..'' I managed to stutter out as he pushed the photo out of my hands and threw it aside.

''What?!?!'' he growled as I was just about to scream something nasty back at him, when I noticed the holster of his gun showing in the opening of his pocket.

Suddenly I got pushed up against the wall with a mad Luke just inches from my own face.

''What?'' he asked furious and slow. I felt his hot breath slamming against my face as I swallowed hard, afraid of what he would do.