Animagus

Harry and Draco had been dating for little over a year and a half now, they had gotten together at the end of sixth year. Harry has helped Draco escape the grip of his controlling father, and in return Draco had helped tip the scales in the Light Sides favor.

He kept the Death Eaters out of Hogwarts.

He kept Luna and Professor Flitwick as well fed and healthy as he could.

He saved Harry from identification at the Manor, even with Harry's severely disfigured face, he would know his boyfriends eyes anywhere.

He kept Bellatrix from torturing Hermione even if it meant taking a few rounds of the Cruciatus curse himself.

Draco was an invaluable source during the war. Who would have guessed the cowardly Slytherin bully could be such a powerful force against Voldemort.

Anyways back to Harry and Draco.

They had been together for 20 months now, and they knew they were inseparable, Draco had given Harry a beautiful promise ring that he wore on the ring finger of his right hand, he planned to switch it to Harry's left hand when he proposed.

Draco hid nothing from Harry, until this.

Draco was in the process of becoming an animagus.

He had held a Mandrake leaf in his mouth for an entire month now (glad that was over), used his potions skills to brew the transformation potion, and recited the incantation every night he held the leaf in his mouth.

Amato Animo Animato Animagus.

Today was finally the day he would transform, he had been waiting for this lightning storm for days.

He knocked back the transformation potion, barely managing to keep it down, it was downright vile.

Over the next few days he had to focus on keeping his mind clear and focused on his transformation.

He was in the Room of Requirement mediating when he felt his whole body start to tingle, his eyes snapped open and he focused all his energy o the transformation.

He felt his bones start to compress and shift, his skin shrinking to fit his new form, hair sprouting all over him.

He hoped his animagus form would be something cool, like a white wolf, he really hoped that would be his form.

After he felt his body stop shifting he asked the Room for a mirror. A large mirror appeared in front of him.

If he still had human vocal cords he would have screamed.

He wasn't a wolf, or a bird, or even a bloody cat.

No he was a ferret.

He should have seen this coming.

*****
Draco had told Harry earlier on in the day that he had something he wanted to tell him, and there was no way he was backing out on that. He'd have to tell him about his ferrety problem.

Draco focused on his human form and felt his skin and bones morphing painfully back into place.

He righted himself and headed to the shared Eighth Year dorm and Harry.

*****
"Harry?" Draco called out timidly as he walked through the door of the Eighth Year boys dorm.

"In here!" Harry responded from the bedroom. Draco nervously makes his way to the bedroom and perches on the edge of Harry's bed.

"You had something to tell me love?"

"Umm yeah, I guess its better if I show you though?" Draco's voice wavers, Harry picks up on it immediately. He kneels down in front of Draco and looks him in the eyes clasping Draco's hands in his.