5. Becoming Heir

Noah came in with Vance by his side. What greeted him was an extravagantly large hall. Large enough to store many houses. This place that seemed like a palace is empty, the only thing that Noah saw was an empty place without anyone.

He looked at Vance and asked, "What's going on?"

Vance pursed his lips. He said nothing other than, "The master will explain. Let's go."

With that, the two went to the top building. At the very top, what Noah saw first was his father. His back straight looking as dignified as ever. It's such a shame that he is facing the windows. Probably to avoid looking at him.

Noah remembered what his father told him.

"You look too much like that woman." He said.

Woman. That's how he called his mother. A woman. Not someone he loved. It was just a woman, one of many.

Now, with his father in front of him, Noah didn't know what to say. Hell, he didn't even want to say anything to him at all. Unfortunately, the silence was not continued any longer.

"You will be the heir to the Legion. Your name will be Reyes Strix."

Noah couldn't believe his ears. What and his father just told him? Him?! The heir?! This must be some kind of sick joke!

Noah laughed. "Me? A heir? Have you lost your mind, father?!"

The man finally turned to face Noah. His face stern as ever. "It is no joke, boy."

Noah find it all so funny. "Did you not tell me to get lost? To never dream about this business that's meant for him?! Father, you told me that I was nothing more than the son of a whore. You told me that I should stay that way."

As if getting slapped, his father's face turned sour. Noah could see the anger burning in his eyes. Eyes that spoke of danger—as if he could do something to stop himself from speaking.

"You will do what I say." He said commandingly.

"Aren't I too late to be the heir now?" Noah mocked. "What happened to Gareth? Your precious son." Noah continues to taunt him. He knew that the man cared for nothing other than Legion and his son, Gareth.

The man slammed his hands on the table. "YOU will NOT speak this way to ME!"

In front of his furious father, Noah could do nothing but shrug. "I will speak however I wish to. You need my help right now, and I know that for a fact. I, at least deserve to know the situation."