Prologue

Noah tried to open his eyes, it was hard. It was also hard to breathe. His ears rang, sirens could be heard. Noah furrowed his brows, he couldn't move at all. He could feel pain emitting from everywhere on his body.

It was all blurry, he couldn't see clearly. Noah opened his mouth but no words came out. His throat was far too dry.

"Wait—please just hold on. We're taking you to the hospital!" Said a rushed voice.

Noah had heard the voice. It was difficult to hear though... It feels nice hearing someone so concerned about him.

In his mind, Noah thought as he closed his eyes: 'The Hospital? I'm going to the hospital? What happened... ah, that's right. I fell from that building. My head is dizzy... Am I going to die?'

After that, he had no recollection of anything else. His consciousness was gone. When Noah woke up again, he still couldn't move his body, couldn't speak, and couldn't cry out. All that he currently hears is a beeping sound. Other than that, there was no sound at all.

A few seconds later, the door to the right opened. The nurse came in and widened her eyes, "Doctor! The patient woke up! Doctor!"

Noah glanced at her as hard as he could, his vision is still slightly blurry. Few moments after the nurse's call, a handsome young man came in. His expression was serious as he looked at Noah.

The doctor examined for a few minutes and wrote down on his clipboard. Seeing that there was no problem at all, he sighed out of relief.

"Can you hear me?" Said the doctor with a soothing voice.

Noah slowly nodded.

"Can you remember what happened?"

Noah shook his head. He lied. He remembered everything, every single detail about the incident.

"I see... you've been in a coma for almost three month. The trauma that it caused must've closed up your mind and prevented you from waking up. Your injuries have healed, the broken ribs, legs, arms, wrist, and ankle." Said the doctor gently.

Hearing the words of the doctor, Noah didn't even twitch. His face was the same, no expression was found on his face— as if this wasn't the first time.

The doctor looked thoughtfully at his expression. The medical bill was paid already, but in the three months that the boy stayed, no one came at all. Not even a call.

"W-when can I leave?" Whispered Noah, his voice hoarse.

The doctor was shocked with his voice and called for the nurse. "A few days to a week. It depends on your condition. You cannot move aggressively currently, and you'll have to practice walking again. Unless you can walk and use your hand, you cannot leave."

"The medical bill is paid?" Noah asked, although it seemed more like a statement.

So he already knew...it looks like this happens frequently. Thought the doctor. "Yes, it has already."