Chapter 14

The next day came too quickly. Athens feels great after spending the night talking and joking with Rosalie. She truly has missed Forks. What makes it even bettter is that Athens can stay up all night and not get sleepy at all. As Emmett said when he eventually joined, the not sleeping is the one perk of being a vampire.

Athens is alone with Emmett now in his and Rosalie's room. Rosalie went with Esme and Carlisle to hunt. The Cullens are respecting Athens's human blood diet and aren't trying to persuade her to the animal blood diet.

Emmett rolls over to his side with a few shifts and props his head up on his elbow, gazing at Athens. She goes the same, facing Emmett. The two always had a close bond, a closer sibling bond that the others. No one ever understand Emmett and Athens's bond, but Rosalie.

Emmett is apart of Athens's human bloodline. He's her great grandfather. He had a son named Maxwell in 1935, not long before he was turned. Twenty years later. Emmett became a grandfather, already a vampire. This was a girl named Marisa. At the age of thirty-two in the year 1955: Marisa had a son named Mark, making Emmett a great grandfather.

Thirty-two mores years later, Mark became a father to a kid. In 1980, that kid met an Italian and they had a child named Athens.

No one but knows that Emmett and Athens are actually related. Athens doesn't even know and Emmett is scared for her to find out.

"How are we closer than the others?" Athens asks him, she has blocked her thoughts off to Edward, she knows how nosy he can get.

"Truth?" Emmett asks, thinking she deserves the truth.

"That'd be nice, Em," Athens replies honestly.

"I am your great great grandfather," Emmett says and the ones downstairs are all shocked.

Athens sits up quickly and she looks at Emmett as if he's grown a second and a third head. "You're joking..."

"Not really, no," Emmett replies as he gazes up at his family. "I really am your great great grandfather."

Athens just stares at Emmett for a while, he's sat up during this time. The new vampire finally smiles before she clings onto Emmett in a huge hug.

"Victory!" He yells. "Finally, a hug!"

Alice giggles downstairs and she says to the family, "finally!"

Athens pulls away and she punches Emmett. "Shut up, doofus."

Emmett laughs. "Let's go join the others."

Athens jumps up and she walks downstairs, where she is greeted by hugs from everyone but Edward. Bella's gone, thank goodness. Athens doesn't like Bella, weirdly enough.

"You found some of your living family," Edward comments from beside the balcony door. "Congratu..."

He is cut off by Bella walking in as if she owns the place. Athens tenses at the smell of her blood, having not had any yet today. Emmett notices.

"C'mon, Athens, lets go upstairs," Emmett says softly as he grabs Athens's bicep. "You don't want to kill Edward's mate."

He says this, but the killing Bella scenarios are running course through Athens's hungry brain.

"Here, I've got her," Edward says as he steps forward. "Athens, come on."

Athens snaps her gaze to him from Bella. "W- - what? Your fiancée won't like that."

"Edward..." Bella starts.

"Unless you want her to kill you, Bella, let me help Athens, she has scenarios running through her brain at vampire speed over and over again," Edward says and Bella shuts her mouth.