Chapter 7

Location: Forks, Washington
Field.

A pile of vampire bodies are burning, the Cullen coven and the quiluette pack of shifters help hurriedly drag the remaining bodies to the fire. Edward Cullen and his blood singer/ fiancée, Bella Swan, come running out of the woods. Edward has read his sister's, Alice Cullen's, mind.

Members of the Volturi are coming to Forks.

"How long?" Edward asks his sister.

"A few minutes," Alice replies. "Maybe ten." The only person on Alice's mind at the moment, despite truly loving Bella, is Athens Ricci, and Edward sees that.

Bella is looking around the field worriedly for her shifter best friend who's in love with her, Jacob Black. Jacob was meant to be alpha but when he phased, he turned it down. He didn't want to be in a pack, let alone run one.

"They timed their arrival well," Rosalie Hale comments, the blonde looking around.

Emmett Cullen is beside his mate / wife. "Probably hoping they newborns took a few or us out."

Edward stops moving when he spots a younger newborn named Bree squatted down by the fire. "What's she doing here?" He asks his family.

"We ordered her a safe haven if she stopped fighting," Esme Cullen, mama vampire, replies to her mind reading son. "She took it."

"The pack needs to leave," Carlisle Cullen, coven leader, states simply. "The Volturi won't honor a truce with the werewolves."

"Where's Jacob?" Bella asks when she can't find him.

"There..."

Jacob's russet colored, horse-sized wolf steps out of the trees, causing bella ro with in relief. Leah's beautiful colored wolf is cornering a remaining newborn that was hiding.

"Leah, don't!" Edward yells as leahgoes to pounce onto the newborn vampire.

The newborn moves out of Leah's way and he spins around. He pulls Leah up by her fur and he yanks Leah off of her paws. He goes to wrap his arms around the female wolf but he's stopped as Jacob jumps to rescued her.

Jacob and the newborn vampire roll into the clearing. The newborn gets his arms around Jacob's wolf and he squeezes, crushing the wolf instantly. Carlisle and Edward are quick to get to a now naked Jacob's side.

"Jacob!" Bells exclaims in horror.

"Hold on," Edward says to Jacob. "Carlisle is gonna rake care of you."

Carlisle uses his hands to feel of Jacob's bare torso. "The bones on the right side of his body are shattered."

In agony, Jacob squeezes onto Edward's hand that's on his shoulder. Bella runs over and she drops to her knees beside the shifter.

"Bella..." Jacob grumbles, in agony.

"Jake, I'm right here," Bella says softly to her best friend.

The pack all come running up: Sam Uley, Paul Lahote, Jared Cameron, Embry Call, Quill Ateara, and Leah Clearwater. They're all in their human forms and denim shorts now.

"Jacob, you idiot," Leah scolds. "I had him."

"Leah..." Sam says in a warning tone, he is the alpha.

"I need to set the bones before his accelerated healing starts," Carlisle says to the pack alpha, Sam. "It's already starting."

"We need to get him out of here," Edward says to his father / coven leader. "We won't win a fight with the Volturi."

Fit for a Kingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें