Chapter 13-Surprises

Start from the beginning

"Will you promise me to never beat the red light ever again?"

She laughed heartily with that. "Are you serious?"

"I'm deadly serious and I'm joking!" I snapped giving emphasis to the last word.

"Okay, so you're serious." That did not come out as a question but rather a statement. I'm glad she knows what I mean.

I slid the black diamond ring on her finger not waiting for her reply, which made her frustrated.

"Are you sure you're asking me, because it's more like you're commanding me."

A playful smile sneaked in my lips, which turned into a wide grin as I got an idea to seal the deal.

God, please don't remind her it's her day today.

"Think whatever you'd like to think, but since the ring is in your finger now that means a YES."

She frowned hearing that.

"And to better seal that promise, raise your right hand and repeat after me." I cleared my throat trying my very best not to burst out laughing.

"Is that necessary? That sounds stupid."

"Would you rather seal it with a French kiss?" I teased her and that worked faster than lightning as she snapped and raised her right hand without further comment. A triumphant smile formed in my lips with that action.

"I, Dominique Red Gracia Garcia,"

She looked at me with her wondering cat eyes maybe because she never expected me to know her full name.

"I, Dominique Red Gracia Garcia,"

"Promise not to beat the red light ever again. So help me God."

"Promise not to beat the red light ever again." She paused for seconds and smiled cheekily before continuing. "So help me God."

"Do you intend to keep that promise?" I asked her seriously this time because that smile she just showed me a while ago tells me otherwise.

"I'm a crazy woman but I never back down on my words more so a promise." She looked at me reassuringly but there's that glint of amusement in her eyes.

"So what's with the private joke earlier? Care to tell?"

"What joke?" She asked playing innocent but I know better.

"You paused for a while and then smiled cheekily before saying so help me God, what's with that?"

"Wow, you're so observant. Are you sure you want to hear it?" She said with a twitch in her lips controlling a smile. "But I have to warn you, it's not a funny one, you'll probably be frustrated."

"Then, try me." I urged her totally ignoring her halfhearted warning.

"Don't tell me later you've not been warned."

I gave her a slight nod urging her to continue.

"Actually I silently added a phrase between promise not to beat the red light ever again and so help me God and the phrase is in front of Leandro Valderama's face." She paused for a while and looked at my frowning face.

"So basically if I repeat my promise, it will go this way, I, Dominique Red Gracia Garcia, promise not to beat the red light ever again, in front of Leandro Valderama's face. So help me God!"