Mai

Mai, 23

Mai, 23.
Human?

You first knew Mai when you were young, you went to school with her. She was a sweet girl but she was very timid.  She wasn't the most athletic, she wasn't the nerdiest, she was just there. She donated and volunteered a lot but that didn't get her any attention in school.

You can't even claimed to have been very close to her. Mai's parents traveled for work a lot and had to bring her along sometimes when they couldn't find a sitter. She was pulled from school about every other month so no one got too close to her.

Mai does have a few talents though. In junior high and high school, she was on the varsity dance teams. She was a wonderful dancer though she didn't like to brag or show off.
She loved everything music.

Maybe that's why it wasn't a surprise when she entered a talent competition and won. It was a little town competition but from there her parents urged her to bigger competitions until she worked her way to the top and got a record label.

Mai is famous now, climbing the charts with songs that she writes and sings. She's known for insisting to do most of the instrumentals in her song recordings as well.

Suddenly everyone knows Shy, Sweet Mai. She appears confident in her videos and performances, maybe she's different from how you remember her? It doesn't matter, if none of you were friends with her she doesn't have a reason to remember her home town.

Mai on stage and in public is still very kind. She acts more confident and speaks sure of herself. She always has time for fans and she still does a lot of work with charities.  Mai is still shy and often finds the crowds overwhelming or even embarrassing but she hides it with smiles and pushes on. Her parents are still often busy with work and she finds herself alone in her small yet beautiful house.
She likes to spend time with people but sometimes has trouble telling if people actually like her or if they're trying to be her friend for the money, music, or fame.

When asked how she got the world to fall in love with her songs, Mai will reply quite simply. "Will power and a little bit of Magic."

Scenario 1:
As stated before, you knew Mai in school. Maybe you didn't know her too well but you knew she existed.

Still it was very surprising when one day you received a letter in the mail.

'Y/N, I had a lot of trouble trying to find you. I don't know if you remember me but I am Mai. We went to school together.

In seventh grade I fell far behind in class because I was gone two weeks. You were very kind and helped me get caught back up. I remember you even let me have some of your lunch because I forgot mine.

I'd like to repay the favor. Please, let me treat you to lunch. My number and address are attached below, as is the code to the gate so you can get to my house. Please don't give it to anyone, I'm trusting you.

Signed,
         Mai'

There was another slip of paper with her address, gate code, phone number, and a time and date for you to arrive.

So, are you going to go?

Or make up your own.