Chapter 39: The Blue Light

While everything was happening on the Helicarrier, mass chaos had erupted in The Triskellion (Shield's headquarters.) The alarm had been sounded and people screamed and fled from every corner of the building, except a selected few. One of them being Brock Rumlow. He stealthily and calmly crept around the hallways, taking out agent after agent that crossed his path. He was ruthless and good at his job, and in a twisted way loved the adrenaline rush he got from it. He continued forward on his path of destruction.

"Sir, the council's been breached." One of his squat team members informed him through his ear piece.

"Repeat dispatch." He ordered.

"Black Widow's up there." His squat member responded.

"Heading up." Rumlow replied kicking open a door and climbing up the stairwell. The Black Widow huh? He did so enjoy a challenge.
---------------------------------------------
Maria Hill looked at another camera screen and saw Agent Rumlow climbing up the stairwell leading to the level that the council area was. She couldn't help the anger and disgust that boiled inside of her as she remembered what Renae had said about him. A terrible, twisted snake of a man. Rogers was busy with The Winter Soldier, Black Widow and Fury with Pierce...Falcon!

"Falcon?" She asked.

"Yeah?" He responded.

"Rumlow's heading for the council." She replied her years of training making her voice sound neutral even with all the anger bubbling beneath.

"I'm on it." He replied quickly getting out of his falcon suit.
So, this was the dude that tried to hurt Renae? He hoped that Rumlow wasn't as strong as she had said because unlike these superhero agent people, He quite liked chocolate chip waffles and orange juice for breakfast. He didn't do all this whole protein shakes and rabbit food business. He wasn't freakishly tall and muscular either. Crap, he was so dead.

'Waffles and orange juice, don't let me down!' He prayed as he found his way over to The Triskellion. 'Do this for Renae!'
---------------------------------------------
"Please don't make me do this!" Steve begged Bucky as they stood at an impass.
Bucky just stared even more determinedly at Steve. Then Steve heard a soft wheeze that made his heart skip a beat. He looked to see Renae, crumpled up against the railing by the computer chip area. Her face was bleeding and bruised. Her eyes were quickly losing focus. One of her hands was twisted at a funny angle and her whole body shuddered from pain and shock. Steve felt white hot fury course through him from seeing her like that.

'Steve...please...don't blame him...' He heard her soft, gentle voice in his head. 'He can't remember...get the chips in...don't be angry at him for...hurting me...not...his...fault. Get the chips in...then try to get through to him...I...almost...did...he's...so... confused...please...help...him...'

Then her voice cut off. He had to get to those chips. He threw his shield at Winter who quickly deflected it with his arm. Steve caught it and defended himself against the bullets that Winter shot at him. One bullet grazed his side and he grunted in discomfort. He then hit Winter with his shield and Winter flew backwards. Winter took out a knife and came at Steve. Steve defended himself. He pushed Winter at a far enough distance that he could open the chip holder. He quickly thrust out his shield as Winter's arm went to punch him. The clang of metal to metal was deafening. Steve groaned in struggle as he pushed Winter away from him. He swung his shield to keep Winter at bay. Then Winter let out a cry of rage and tackled Steve, they both went flying over the edge of the railing. Steve dropped the chip and it slid to end of the metal ledge they were on. Winter quickly came back at Steve to try to keep him away from the chip. Winter backhanded Steve with his arm and Steve flew backwards towards the ledge but thankfully landed close enough to the chip to grab it. Winter slid towards him and swung. Steve dodged the first blow but Winter grabbed his arm and put it in a lock that caused his hand to drop the chip over the ledge. Steve quickly hit Winter and kicked him over the edge and jumped after the chip.
---------------------------------------------
"Done." Natasha said victoriously as all of Shield's secrets leaked onto the Internet. "And its trending."