Chapter 16: Stormy Grey Eyes

After the whole thing with Sitwell we decided we needed to move. Staying in one place for too long is not a good idea. Steve, Sitwell and Natasha and Sam all took the car and I took the jeep I had "borrowed" from Hydra. I had knocked out the GPS in it so it couldn't track our positions. I drove behind them with Mando in the front seat next to me. I had an walkie talkie in the car so I could hear what they were saying and keep in touch.

"Hydra doesn't like leaks." Sitwell prattled nervously.

"So why don't you try sticking a cork in?" Sam replied smartly.

I chuckled at that.

"He said its launching in sixteen hours, we're cutting it a little bit close here." Natasha said bringing everyone back to business.

"I know." Steve replied calmly. "We use him to bypass the DNA scans and use him to access The Helicarriers directly."

"Are you crazy?" Sitwell replied shrilly. "That is a terrible, terrible idea.

I rolled my eyes and looked in my rear view mirror. Would this car please stop riding my tail for one second?! I'm going seventy five!

I pulled off to the slower lane to let the vehicle pass me.

I scoffed slightly and shook my head looking at Mando.

"D.C. drivers. I tell ya."

Mando whimpered at me nervously.

"What's wrong buddy?" I asked.

I looked at the car that had passed me. A big black vehicle. Just like mine! It was Hydra! They passed me because they thought I was one of them!

"Guys!" I yelled into my walkie talkie.

"What is it?" Steve replied worriedly.

"That car behind you isn't me! It's Hydra!" I yelled as someone dressed in all black began to climb out of the vehicle and jumped on their car stealthily.

Panic ensued. The man on their car was dressed completely in black and their arm was really blinding. It kept reflecting the sun making me want to look away from the glare it was giving off.

'Metal!' I realized.

It was The Winter Soldier.

I heard Sitwell scream over the walkie talkie as TheWinter Soldier smashed the window, grabbing him and throwing him into the oncoming traffic.

"Duck!" Natasha screamed as she jumped into the front seat.

I drove a little behind the vehicle which had slowed down drastically and was starting to gain alot of speed.

I heard the brakes of Sam's car squeal over the Walkie Talkie.

As I drove behind the vehicle it crashed into the back of SAMs car pushing them toward The Winter Soldier. I froze. I didn't know what to do. I just kept driving behind them as Mando whimpered worriedly next to me. The Winter Soldier flipped and landed on top of their car and ripped out the steering wheel. He jumped onto the safety of The Hydra vehicle as Sam's car swerved out of control. I snapped out of my frozen state. I needed to do something. They thought I was one of them huh? Then they wouldn't expect anything.

"Hang on!" Steve yelled.

I saw their car flip but one of the doors came off carrying Steve, Natasha and Sam on it. They began to skid along the road, sparks flying up from the metal on the door. The Hydra vehicle drove past them with me behind. They stopped and began to get out ready to fire on Steve, Natasha and Sam. I hit the gas and rammed right into their vehicle, sending it into flames and crushing it. The few agents that had made it out of the vehicle including The Winter Soldier whirled in surprise at the attack, giving Steve, Natasha and Sam time to get up. The Winter Soldier quickly reacted to my distraction though and fired at Steve and Natasha with a bazooka. Natasha ran for cover as Steve ducked behind his shield. Steve went flying over the bridge from the explosion and I heard car wrecks happening below as a result.