Chapter 85: An Eventful Valentine's

The kingdom of Arendelle is buzzing with lively activity; the bright lights of the main city differing largely from the painted dark canvas of the night sky just above them. Seven in the evening would be the time for the townspeople to retire to their homes and such, but tonight is going to be different. The festivities had been declared to begin earlier, afternoon, and now everyone is enjoying to their heart's content.

Except a certain Snow Queen, that is.

Her eyes traveled from north down to south, watching men and women drag each other to a specific place, (Most usually the Lover's Boat Ride just by the fjord, or Serenade Your Valentine stage) with untamed excitement. A smile quirked her lips once she saw a familiar ginger head walking with her buff husband by the sand which bar, the former mountain man barely getting to protest since he wanted to ride a nice boat.

She can also spot her mother and father having a nice walk by the bridge, the familiar magenta scarf draping around Iduna while Agnarr is pointing from one star to another to show to his wife, having memorized each constellation he can find in astronomy books.

"Aiden's waiting for you down stairs, Elsa. How do you find this balcony so entertaining?"

Startled, the ice queen took a step back and sighed in relief to find it was only the loyal phoenix perching by the railing, her feathers glowing brighter than before because of the dimness of the surroundings.

"I feel something strange coming this way."

"What way?"

"Here. Arendelle."

"Bad or good?"

"The first. And why does this come up in Valentine's Day, out of all times..."

"It might be the wrong feeling, you know. I've patrolled the entire kingdom over the past few hours and I found no threat lurking around, if it makes you feel better." Cyra reassured, "It would also be a shame to let this night be a waste. Oh, and also the dress."

Elsa chuckled, patting her light blue dress with a satisfied blush, "Anna insisted for me to wear my best."

"And it's either you go down or I'm flying you down myself."

"Alright, alright, I'm heading down. And... Just to ease my nerves, please fly another round around the kingdom. Just to make sure.."

"Alright, I will. Enjoy!"

"Thank you."
____________________________________

Aiden lit up like fire once he saw his wife walking down the stairs with a delighted emotion. He happily spun her around, earning a giggle from her. Elsa examined her husband's attire and gave him a light kiss on his nose, "Dressed to impress?"

"For you only, snowflake." Aiden replied, placing her down on the ground, "What would you first like to do for our humble evening, or shall I say, our alone time?" He smirked, linking their arms together.

"I don't really know. Do you have something in mind?" She desperately questioned.

"I-I am unsure if you'll like what I have in mind, love." Aiden smiled nervously, squeezing her hand.

Elsa can only laugh and bravely clarify, "I'm sure I'm going to be fine with your little idea."

Aiden then flashed her a grin, "Well, let's go to the stage then."
____________________________________

"This song is dedicated to my beloved wife, my beautiful snowflake..."

She didn't expect to be in the middle of the crowd, with all of her subjects' eyes on her with cutened expressions from hollering a very loud, audible and in sync 'aww.' She could've sworn she heard her sister's shriek of excitement and thrill just a few yards away, but from the looks of it, Anna isn't the only one who is thrilled to see the sight of the King of Arendelle, sitting behind a piano on the "Serenade Your Valentine" Stage.

And when she recalled her husband's words, she couldn't help but politely regret her agreement.

Her face is flushed with bashfulness, not used to being too surrounded by people.

"When I was pushed out of the infirmary that night, Elsa, I thought I have lost you forever."

Bold = Aiden
Italic = Elsa

Wish I could
I could've said goodbye
I would've said what I wanted to
Maybe even cried for you
If I knew, it would be the last time
I would've broke my heart in two
Trying to save, a part of you.

Don't wanna feel another touch.
Don't wanna start another fire.
Don't wanna know another kiss.
No other name falling off my lips

Don't want to give my heart away,
To another stranger.
Or let another day begin,
Won't even let a sunlight in.
No, I'll Never Love Again.

All the crowds cheered once Elsa found herself stepping up to the stage with shrinking and growing confidence, stopping to stand in front of the fire king with a small smile.

Anna gasped in shock, almost breaking Kristoff's hand in the process. She silenced herself and continued to watch the couple in front, a proud grin plastered on her face.

When we first met,
I never thought that I would fall.
I never thought that I'd find myself,
Lying in your arms.

Elsa poured all her feelings into the song, fiery passion readable in her eyes.

And I want to pretend that it's not true,
Oh baby that you're gone.
Because my world keeps turning and turning and turning, and I'm not moving on!

The townspeople cheered and clapped loudly once the Snow Queen hits a high note, most of them starstruck because of the sudden realization about how powerful their Queen's voice is. It's as beautiful as her personality, grace and physical looks.

Don't want to feel another touch.
Don't want to start another fire.
Don't wanna know another kiss.
No other name falling off my lips.
Don't want to give my heart away...

To another stranger.

Or let another day begin, won't even let the sunlight in, no I'll Never Love...

And I don't want to know this feeling, unless it's you and me.
I don't want to waste the moment, ooh.
And I don't want to give somebody else the better part of me.
I would rather wait for you, ooh.

The whole world fades when the ice queen and the fire king locked their eyes, passion embedded deeply in their irises. The massive crowds' noises died down as they watched the king and queen of Arendelle sing more quietly and passionately.

"Don't want to feel another touch, don't want to start another fire," Elsa sang with a watery smile, almost cracking her voice between a noticeable sob. "Don't want to know another kiss... Baby unless they are your lips.."

"Don't want to give my heart, away. To another stranger. Or let another day begin.. Won't even let the sunlight in..." Aiden inhaled deeply, forcing down a tear, shutting his eyes, "No I'll Never Love, Again."

And everything went back to the way it was. It wasn't until they both realized they were breathing heavily right after the end of the song, Elsa's chest rising and falling with such intensity.

Grabbing a hold of her wrists, his touch managed to calm her roaring emotions down.

They didn't seem to notice the booming cheers, hoots, hollers and whistles being thrown around from the audience.

It was the heat of the moment, after all.