⇞ heartbreak ⇞

Începe de la început

I just nodded not creating a scene in front of others. Odette seemed smug and I rushed out. I didn't realize his words could hurt this bad as I burst out crying. Ciara rushed to my aid and kept asking what was wrong? I just wished I knew too.

The bad thing about this was only Princess and the King was here and it gave me an unpleasant feeling.

Till the time of Market Gathering in the evening, I sulked in my room and tried reading books in the library. I was hoping I would be called out but no one came as the evening fell. I started feeling worse in this case.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door and a guard waiting for me.

"You are requested in the throne room." He said and even though I was not being called out for the Market I still felt better that no one was actually going to the market instead they were all in the palace.

I and Ciara followed the guard down to find not only the King but the Princess and the Air Kingdom King as well.

"Ermeline, we have something to announce." He said in a cold tone that made me gulp in fear.

"I hope you can teach Odette the ways of the palace." King of the Air Kingdom said pleasantly.

"I will be getting married to Princess Odette by the end of this week." He announced it nonchalantly.

I tried to judge his emotions and felt the wrath, the pain, and misery. Wedding. Marriage. To the princess of Air Kingdom.

My mind was going numb as everything around me turned hazy and voices turned into a distant buzz.

King of Udairis was right. I was here till I could be replaced with someone more useful. He might have feelings for me but it was always and will always be about revenge. That is what he is living for. He needed power and Odette had that along with a whole Kingdom to back her up.

Who was I? Who was I to anyone?

"ERMELINE!" His strong voice pulled me out.

"I am sorry, just nausea from not eating the whole day," I mumbled.

"I guess we should leave you two to talk," Odette said in a sickly sweet tone and left with her father giving me a look of mockery.

We two were left alone now and I couldn't speak my chest was aching too much.

He stepped down from the throne and came closer and I finally managed to mumble, "Why?"

That is all I wanted to know. Did he not confess to me last night?

His harsh cold glare turned towards me filled with so much hate and disappointment that I actually felt I was at fault somewhere.

"Why?" He scoffed, "Did you really think I would not notice the little message to the spy you delivered? For how long were you doing this?"

Someone was squeezing my heart from within and I could barely breathe now. He saw that and never even bothered to ask or investigate. He was ready to accept that one day the daughter of a killer would betray him.

Unfortunately, he developed feelings along the way and my love for him didn't matter because now according to him I was doing this to be a spy.

"All those petty tricks Princess, I must applaud your acting skills. You were ready to sell your self in name of your Kingdom and I wonder how you got caught after all this while."

There was so much malice in his tone that I asked myself,  should I defend myself? 

If I did, will he believe?

"You-you are as ruthless as your father, you wanted to take everything from me. Now let's see how he wins when his Kingdom is left alone. Princess Odette atleast will not remind me daily of my loss, would not make me question myself for having feelings. You Ermeline, don't deserve anything good in life for playing with a human's emotion. Your goodness, your understanding was all a plan." The agony was rolling off him in waves.

I think it would be less painful if he stabbed me.

So I decided I wouldn't defend myself now. He might like me, liked me but that would never be enough to overcome hate and I would not give up Drian's life for someone who wouldn't trust in my goodness and love anyway.

"I should have you killed or thrown in the dungeon." He yelled, right now with no flicker in his eyes just pure coal black.

But I was too much in pain to feel anything else.

I was just mute and frozen, heartbroken.

You don't deserve anything good. Maybe that is why I had no family, no home absolutely nothing at this point of life.

"Sure." I managed to say.

"What?" He sounded confused.

"No need to call the guards, I know where the dungeons are." Even my voice sounded dead.

"This is all you have to say, no apology, no excuses." He yelled.

You should have asked for those before coming to decisions on your own.

"Will you believe anything I say?" I asked in a deadly calm voice.

His silence answered my question.

"Torture and everything is fine, just spare me any visits to the dungeon," I said and walked away before the lump formed in my throat would break down in form of tears.

*bawling eyes out* Trust me it hurts me too!

Anyway, this was needed for the King to get his head and heart straight and stop being an ass for once. He is hurt and all but the girl is trying for almost 1 1/2 year now!

Let's share the pain together and what do you expect to happen now?

I would say HAPPY READING....but anyway, I would just *offers tissues* come cry together!