Episode Seven:- The girl in the red dress

4 weeks ago. After the 3.o'clock rehearsals.
Dianna is in her room in her family stately home in Hudson. She is wearing a bathrobe and a Hamilton slippers on her feet and has on her diamond ring. Her room is painted white and all the furnitures are brown. She is sitting on a stool and facing a dressing table, crossing her legs revealing her left thighs and holding a pencil drawing on a sketchpad as her phone buzzed.

DIANNA:- ( she stopped drawing and saw an unknown number but still picks the call) Hello?

UNKNOWN CALLER:- ( a female voice) hi. Am I Speaking to Diane Martins?

DIANNA:-( she seemed surprised by the caller knowing her childhood name) yes..you are. Please who is this?

UNKNOWN CALLER:- you can't recognize my voice little sis?

DIANNA:- ( her eyes were wide open) Cecilia?

UNKNOWN CALLER:- yes. it's me, little sis.

DIANNA:-( she laughed) hey!! Stop calling me little sis. you are just 9 minutes older than me. And my name is Dianna now.

UNKNOWN CALLER:- what's the difference between Diane and Dianna?. It's just you removing one 'n" and  turning "e" to "a".

DIANNA:- ( she laughed) I know but Diane reminds me of my wick and ugly self.

UNKNOWN CALLER:- come on Diane. You were never ugly. You weren't just beautiful.

DIANNA:- wow! You haven't changed. You still manage to be insultive in your Compliments.

UNKNOWN CALLER:- ( she laughed) I'm sorry. I can't help it. By the way, hope you're still wearing your contact lens to Hide those your weird eyes?

DIANNA:- hey!! You know my weird eyes and your gray hair is mom's fault. ( she then continued her drawing) and yes. I always wear my contact lens. Well..except when I go to bed ( they both laughed) I wish we had our teenage years together.

UNKNOWN CALLER:- me too. and we never kept in touch

DIANNA:- that is mom and dad's fault. ( they both laughed )

UNKNOWN CALLER:-... But now I'm here... And I'm never living your sight little sis.

DIANNA:- what do you mean? You are not here with me in New York...

UNKNOWN CALLER:- no I'm not. But I will soon. I have all the travel papers ready to come to New York for work and of course to see you. But first I have to go back home to Nigeria to pack up and move to New York. I just finished med school in Australia and right now I'm in a long queue at the airport to fly back home. My line is moving slowly because of how this racist custom officers are searching us Nigerians. ( she hissed) ..like we are some sort of criminals. So that is why I called. so that you can keep me company.

DIANNA:- Aww. I'm Flattered. Wait. how did you get my number?

UNKNOWN CALLER:- mum gave it to me.

DIANNA:- wait what? mom has my number?

UNKNOWN CALLER:- she is our mom, why wouldn't she have your number?

DIANNA:- oh nothing just surprised that's all. how is mum by the way?

UNKNOWN CALLER:- mum is doing well actually. You remember during mom and dad's divorce, the court gave mum half of dad's money?