Chapter 22

You didn't think I would leave you all alone for Valentine's did you ;) 

It was never the way she looked. Always the way she was. I could've fallen in love with my eyes closed. -Atticus

Athena's POV.

As I entered the en-suite, the taste of him heavily on my tongue as the dampness of my underwear shifted uncomfortably against me. Shedding the offending clothes, I quickly brushed my teeth before heading into shower with the hopes to wash the negativity of the morning away. Bristly towel drying, I made my way into the closet as Nico appeared stark naked in all his golden glory. Maintaining eye contact proved to be a difficult task as his unsmiling mouth searched my fathomless gaze.

"Wear something comfortable, we're going out." He said before disappearing presumably to shower as the loud spray sounds travelled through the room.

Searching through the many layers of clothing, I came upon a pretty white cotton short-sleeve wrap dress that was form fitted and reached mid-thigh. The puffy sleeves and frilled ending of the dress added a certain romance as I slipped on a pair of red strappy espadrilles that had a matching crotchet bag to go along with it. Pulling my hair into a messy ponytail and applying minimal makeup, I was finished just in time as Nico re-entered with droplets of water dripping down his toned abs and a low slung towel that threatened to come apart as his eyes gave away his thoughts as he took in my appearance. Trying to maintain a calamity had proven futile as my heated cheeks gave away to my erotic thoughts. As if reading my mind, a naughty smirk kissed the corner of his swollen mouth as I prepared to exit.

As if thinking the better of it, he slowly prowled across the room, placing a delicate kiss to my neck as my breath hitched in my throat.

"I would do it again to." He whispered against my ear before casually strolling away to get dress.

In no time he joined me in the bedroom as I slipped my cellphone into my bag. For the first time I had seen him in casual attire and even now, looking at him, he was as delectably charming as he was in a three piece suit. Dressed in a pair of denim cutoffs and a black and white stripped short sleeve shirt opened low to reveal his golden chest, he looked like one of those models who often graced the covers of glossy magazines.

"Don't." He whispered through clench teeth as a muscle in his jaw ticked.

Coming to stand in front me, I caught a whiff of his cologne as it enveloped around us. Pulling me up against his hardened body I felt his swollen bulge, encompassed in the tight jeans pressed against my stomach. Bringing his next hand up to my neck, he held me still as the depth of his stare left me squirming in his hold.

"Do not look at me like that and expect me to not throw you down and make love to you until tomorrow morning. When I look at you, it is all I can think about. Because agape mou, I feel the exact same way you feel about me. Every. Single. Emotion. And that is the one thing I expect you to understand."

Pulling away, he made his way back into the closet leaving me reeling as I stared at his retreating back burning from the inside.

Before I had time to analyze his statement, or even summon the courage to question him further he wordlessly handed me a pair of sunglasses that I tucked into my bag as he enveloped my hands in his and we exited the room, retracing our steps from the previous night and joining the almost full table in the garden. The pool sparkled a crystal color under the warm sun as a few of the guests cooled down. At the table, Evelyn and Lucas, along with Katy and Ethan sat enjoying breakfast as we joined them.

"Buongiorno." Evelyn greeted cheerily with a huge smile on her face spotting us first as she sat back caressing her pregnant belly as everyone else greeted.