Chapter 4

She is an intriguing blend of simplicity and complexity, a recipe to be loved, but never revealed- Dean Jackson

Athena's POV. 

Seated in the luxurious jet was the only source of comfort that was granted to me. The rich interior decorated in luscious creams and browns filled the spacious jet that may as well have been a replica of a smaller hotel living space. It was gorgeous but I barely took notice of my surroundings as heavy heartedness and exhaustion consumed me. My mind haunted, my eyes sore and tired, and all in all, I felt physically damaged. Other than the sound of the aircraft and the furious typing of the beautiful man seated opposite me, complete silence dwarfed the atmosphere. Utter despair filled my stomach as my mind replayed the events of such a twisted day. I felt completely foolish for weaving fantasies that in reality never existed and would never exist. The man was not the same man who held me tenderly in his arms. He was not the same man who had looked at me with soft eyes that resembled a melted puddle. Ashamed at my actions and ashamed at myself, a new wave of hot, fresh tears trickled down my cheeks as the past couple of hours flinted through my head. After the heart wrenching conversation Nico and I had shared earlier in the day, we returned inside acting as smitten with each other as ever. Much to Nico's father's delight, he had stated that he could have seen it was love at first sight, all the while my heart physically ached. Nico, as skillful an actor as he should be given credit for, insisted that we spent some quality time together and my conservative father could not have agreed much faster. Barely having time to bid my brothers goodbye, I packed my suitcase and was dutifully expected to be at the airport. The dull pain of an oncoming headache throbbed at my temples as my mind kept analyzing the moments I spent with this man who may as well have been the beast himself.

I may have loved him, but loving this version of him would eventually kill my love. In his world I was nothing more than a wounded dove. Why would I give myself to him if he was going to further clip my wings?

But he will never let me go.

Not at any cost that will leave my papa with respect.

"I suggest you stop acting as though I will kill you in a mere couple of hours." Nico interjected as he pulled me from my consuming thoughts, "You are not here against your will Athena, I gave you an option and this was your choice."

"And what kind of option was that?" I questioned channeling my misery into much needed anger, "It is as good as being locked up in a prison cell."

A cruel smile kissed the corner of his plump raspberry lips, "The right one firstly and secondly...if the shoe fits but there is no need to be so dramatic about it. You knew the deal before."

"What do you know about righteous?" I asked harshly instantly wanting to bite my tongue as I was not accustomed to practicing the art of defiance.

Quirking a perfectly arched brow at me, he shut down his laptop before he responded, "I should ask the very same to you agape mou."

A different feeling overtook my stomach as I looked into blazing eyes. I knew without a doubt that he was thinking back to our night together.

"You would do well to remember Athena; I claim what belongs to me." He continued on in a low voice.

"Your beloved company is none of my concerns." I hit back feeling pained that unlike me, he did not even have an ounce of compassion towards me.

Did he really not feel anything?

Was it all in my head?

"That is not what I meant." He mumbled under his breath taking up the crystal tumbler and downing the rest of his whiskey.

"Care for one?" He mocked as if the devil himself taunted me.

Before I had a chance to respond, the captain announced our soon arrival to the tarmac.

Looking out the windows to the grey London skyline, I couldn't help but think about my last visit. The gloomy sky reflected the weeping of my heart and perhaps that in itself was a comfort. Maybe I wasn't alone in my despair after all. As the sleek jet taxied along the runway coming to a smooth halt, the first pitter patter of the rain drops glided against the windows. Maybe it was a cry that my soul signaled or maybe it was to wash the pain away. Nevertheless, a new beginning was about to happen.

Just then, thunder boomed.

I smiled.

It was the scream my mouth never made.

Lightning struck.

I looked up into the heavens from the small window beside my seat.

The anger was unleashed.

And the rain poured violently from the sky.

The clouds released what my heart had refused to.

Though the downpour lasted a couple of minutes, it was all I needed to regain some strength in my bones.

The calamity of the aftermath was like a soothing balm to my soul.

It was then that I knew that everything will be okay.

It was true when life said situations will mature us.

I finally saw myself.

I was good enough to be wanted and I would be good enough to be his wife.

I will not fight for his heart and jeopardize my own.

He will willingly give it to me because I believed in him.

And I believed in us.

Looking into his profile I was finally able to analyze him.

Maybe we weren't so different after all.

My eyes were tired because of my love for him and his..........his looked exhausted because of love for his father.

There was only one love.

The only difference was who you shared it with.

My mind screamed at me for my thoughts but oh my heart.....

Why does a girl's heart always get her into trouble?

When will it ever get easy? Or will it always be this constant soul wrenching pain?

I was raised to live a simple, demure life but it was time to take risks.

Yes, he was my escape.

But I will be his.

A/N: BIRTHDAY UPDATE! Hello again loves. Hope you all enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed my day. See you soon...but in the mean time don't forget to check out 'THE BILLIONAIRE'S ULTIMATUM'  'THE BILLIONAIRE'S MATCH' and 'THE BILLIONAIRE'S CHRISTMAS REVENGE' available on my page. Vote, comment and drop on by, I love hearing from you all

till the next chapter...

oxoxox...Allison :)