Chapter 11

If you fall in love with their soul before you touch their skin, it is true love-Unknown

Athena's POV. 

"I see you have a friend." He remarked snidely.

In any given circumstance I would have remained quiet and bared the impact of the insults but the truth was that I did not believe my heart could have tolerated any more. My father never once said the actual words to me but I always felt it hovered in the air and Nico...well Nico had more than vocalized his fair share of his opinion. Taking a steady breath I looked him in the eye...

"Is it illegal to have friends in England or does the problem revolve around the idea that someone can be civilized to me without barking like untrained animal?"

I saw the flecks of surprise that shone in his cold eyes before he once again masked it behind his cold infuriating gaze.

"One night in my bed and you have turned very brave agape mou." He commented after a while as he sat back studying me. Determined not to squirm under his intense gaze I schooled myself to maintain the same uncaring air as he carried out, "Or maybe you were always a spitfire waiting to be ticked off."

He stated the last part more to himself as an odd smirk graced his sensual raspberry mouth.

"Or maybe I was just tired of being constantly bullied." I replied.

"You think of me as a bully?" He questioned once again displaying his surprise at my statement.

"Well we aren't very amicable are we?" I shot back.

"No we are not." He replied as he distractedly rubbed his thumb across his lower lip, "And I don't intend to be either."

As much as I wanted to I couldn't stop the hurt from showing on my face.

"Because amicable means friendly and what we do when we are together are much... much more than just a friendly relationship."

The coldness from his eyes melted like a summer puddle replacing it with the heat from the previous night.

In a mere second his outstretched arms were long enough to drag my chair around and closer to him. Without giving me the chance of thought his seductive mouth swooped down claiming mine in a kiss that gave and took the oxygen away from me. It was the kind of kiss that rendered you speechless and made you forget your name and when he tongue finally touch mine it was only then that I had realized it was all that I had wanted since the minute I had woken up.

A loud uncomfortable cough was heard above us as Nico took his own time tearing his mouth away from me.

Our drinks and sandwiches were served quickly and efficiently and this time the waiter left without a word.

As I turned to look at Nico I was shocked to see the self-satisfied smirk splashed across his golden features.

"Did you kiss me to make the waiter jealous?" I asked.

"Why can't I kiss you because I want to?" He casually remarked.

"Because we both know to expect less from you." And I knew if I wasn't paying close attention then and there I would have never seen the minor flinch.

A heavy sigh escaped his lips before he said, "I kissed you because I can and because I wanted everyone to know that you are mine." Leaning closer his hot breath tickled my ear as he continued on, "You have been mine from the moment you walked into that nightclub and I have no intention of letting you go." A warm feeling blossomed in my stomach as my legs clenched together from his seductive tone and then almost as if he knew what he was doing he went on normally.