Chapter 1

She didn't want love. She wanted to be loved and that was entirely different- Atticus

Nico's POV.

A marriage to some was a union between two lovers. To others it was a minor technicality, just another setback or a diversion in order to attain a prize. Standing at the end of my office with my hands stuffed into my pockets, I looked out the windows to the grey overcast London city. At such heights I had always felt an immense measure of pride. I tolled tirelessly to get a once bankrupted company into a million dollar global empire but today the emotions were different. I could have felt the tenseness of my shoulders that might as well have been lead weighing down on me. My mind rioted inside my head as a fresh wave of anger surged through me.

"Son..." My mother said in Greek, "Are you there still?"

Sighing loudly I turned back and went to my desk, "Yes mama."

"Please hear your father out." She pleaded.

Gritting my teeth to refrain from saying something I would have regretted I waited a moment longer before replying, "There is nothing further to discuss mama."

"Nico." She said softly into the receiver, "Just visit once and hear him out."

Rubbing at my throbbing temples, I closed my eyes for a brief second contemplating my decision...

"Please Nico." She pleaded as I felt my restraints loosen, "You know your father is unwell and..."

Just then, her voice broke and we both knew that it was my undoing.

"I'll leave tonight."

Hanging up the call, I made arrangements to leave for Greece as the never ending tension bristled through my body. Trying my best to concentrate eventually failed as my mind kept replaying memories of sleepless nights, practically begging investors and toiling day in and out to build back a wrecked shipping yard that was said to be doomed after we had faced recession.

How dare my father threaten to take it away from me?

I'd be damned if I ever give in to his neurotic desires.

I would rather fight tooth and nail than give up my hard earned worked for a marriage to a virtual stranger. My wealth was not a means to a meal ticket and I would ensure my father realizes that.

I am Nicolaides Kourakis and I would never be blackmailed into having an arranged wife.

How dare some strange women manipulate my sick father into coercing me into a marriage?

My father as well as my gold digging bride had something coming to them.

**

Athena's POV.

"Papa has requested of you." Xandro said to me as I laid down the book I was currently reading.

Puzzled I glanced at him as I made my way from my bed, "Do you know what it is about?"

"He did not say." Xandro replied as we slowly descended the staircase.

Silently we both made our way to father who sat in the middle of the vast room on his rocking chair with his eyes closed as he hummed the familiar tune he would often sing to himself every night.

"You may leave Xandro." He said to my brother as he glanced at me worriedly.

Remaining calm I nodded at him to go as father's eyes remained closed until he left. Green dark eyes opened to meet mine as he stared at me for a few terse moments...

"Tomorrow we are going to meet Nicolaides." He stated as the temperature in my body suddenly dropped.

It had been over three months since his name was mentioned. I had thanked the Greek Gods many a nights since I had returned from my faithful London trip. After my rebellious night out which beautifully relived in my dreams every night since, I was suddenly summoned back home as my future husband, as I was told had left the city on some urgent work.

Looking into my father's eyes, a small glimmer of emotion shone towards me for the very first time but as quickly as it had appeared it disappeared. Though my mouth filled with the taste of bitterness at the idea of marrying a man I would never love for I had given my heart to Nico, the man who had unknowingly become my life saver, I nodded my head in agreement desperate to make my father happy.

All my life I had craved nothing but my father's love and adoration and if marrying would allow me a small piece of that then I was willing to sacrifice myself. I wanted him so badly to love and accept me as he did my brothers, often times I wondered why I wasn't born a male. Maybe then, he would look me in the eye more often. Maybe then he would embrace me. Only then would he have said that he loved me.

Returning to my room, I lay my head against my pillows as I looked out at the starry sky. Every night I would search for the brightest one and I would feel it in my heart that it was my mother looking down at me. My heart often craved her presence. I wanted the chance that I was denied to get to know her. To have shared memories like my brothers did but as everything else that happens to me, my misfortune took that away. Ever since I could have remembered, I would search for my star...my Aurora and talk to her. Many times, as a child I would tearfully urge her to reply to me but tonight was different. I would not ask her to reply, instead I would ask of something else.

It wasn't why Papa doesn't love me?

I tried asking many times but like always she never replied and I never got an answer on my own.

Tonight I asked of her to send me the man who captured my heart just once, for just a glimpse and I would be at peace. I closed my eyes filled with hope as I was swept away yet again into enchanting dreams filled with my blue eyed lover.

My escape.

My Nico.

A/N: HEY HEY HEY. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! Wishing you all the best for the new year, may you find everything your heart desires including your everyone own Nico. Let's keep our fingers crossed there ;). This is my first official update for TBAW and I couldn't be more thrilled to share this new journey with you guys. For the new readers, I warmly welcome you and I hope you fall in love with my boys as much as I did. For everyone who has supported me thus far...here we go again...As always, VOTE, COMMENT and DROP A MESSAGE BY. I'm always so pleased to hear from you all. 

Be sure to check out my other books 'THE BILLIONAIRE'S ULTIMATUM'  'THE BILLIONAIRE'S MATCH' and 'THE BILLIONAIRE'S CHRISTMAS REVENGE' available on my page. 

See you all soon...

oxoxox...Allison :)