Chapter 6

As the room door opened, Khushi was expecting either Nikhil or Arnav to enter, but to her surprise the person who entered was Shyam. Well she knew he would try to contact her soon, but didn't know that he will come to meet her directly like this. She peeked to looked outside the door trying to see if either of the other two were around. "They are not here, little doll. They have left you alone again just as they did years ago, you remember that don't you? Look at you all grown up! if you were not in your current state, I would have said that you have grown up to be an enchantress." Shyam said with a smirk plastered on his face. Clenching her fists Khushi tried not to punch him in the his guts and wipe off the smirk. Controlling her emotions she asked in scared voice" Why are you here? Where are Bhai and Arnav?" She tried to dodge him and run outside only to be pulled back and thrown on the bed. "Easy there kitten you are going nowhere till I say so. Since you are so curious let me tell you, both of them are out to solve a major business issue which popped up overnight. Let's say you are not so lucky for them. And while they are out trying to save their business, they turned to the only person they think can handle you and whom they trust so much. Now that's the last answer I am giving you . Now I will ask the questions and you will answer, understand?" Suddenly his tone had changed to a dangerous one. As she crawled back Shyam continued to loom over her trapping her effectively. "Now are you going to answer them like a good girl or do I have to change my way of questioning doll? "I... I will answer them." Khushi stammered out the words. Having her in the state she wanted Shyam started his questions. He first needed to know how much she knew about his involvement in what happened to her and where had she disappeared to after a certain point. Also if there was anyone in her life who would be a threat to him or even better, someone who he could use to pull her strings.

"Now tell me where you all these years? Whom do you live with? Where had you disappeared to after leaving that letter?" Shyam trickily frame his questions in such a away that she would not know of his deeds if she already didn't knew them. Perfect!! Thought Khushi, so this is the way you want play Shyam Jha! So this is what you will get. Schooling her expressions to resemble a terrified little girl, she replied "I don't have anyone with me, I live alone. And I don't know what letter you are talking about. I was taken away from that place to other and then I was shifted to other places till finally I ran away because I was scared that if I come back, you all will send me back there. My family didn't believe me and would never do. I knew it so I ran away". She answered her perfectly practised speech.

"So you mean you didn't write that letter in which it was written that you hated everyone in the family and are going away to never come in their life. It was also written that you accept all your crimes and instead of being regretful you are proud of yourself that you did all of that because after what they did with you, you felt that they deserved what happened to them."Shyam indirectly quoted the words of the letter which he himself had written. "Why would I write such a letter when both of us know that I didn't commit anything of which I was accused of! "Asked an exasperated Khushi. Looking at her expressions Shyam could tell that this girl was completely clueless about what had happened with her and after her running away in their lives. Well now that he knew that she was still the same victimised girl which he had left years ago, it was time to put into action his next plan. He will turn her into a weapon and use it against the family for completing his long-dreamt goal. The only thing remaining to do was threatening Khushi to make her act according to him. And considering the condition she is in it will be pretty easy.

"Look Khushi both of us know that no one is going to believe you if you tell them the things which you know about me. They didn't believe you then, neither will they do now. The only way for you to come out of this miserable situation is obeying me and doing what I tell you to do. You act and say as I tell you to and I will in turn convince the family to accept you back. You know that I am the only person who can do that. Accept the blames and that you had written that letter and I will make sure that u can live your princess life again. I cannot guarantee it will happen overnight but surely everyone will forgive you after sometime. Till then you just have to face their anger and put up a good remorseful act. I am assuring you are not going to like the other option which I have in mind for you." finally Shyam completed his pitch and hoped that she would buy into the ploy.

After taking a brief pause and pretending to think deeply, Khushi said something which surprised Shyam "If I do as you say they will not send me away to a place like before right? If I get to live with my family again, even if they are angry with me, I want to come back home. I will do anything you say if you promise me not to send me away again."

'Looks like she has suffered too much after running away and has turned into a complete damsel in distress.' thought Shyam. Looking at her desperation Shyam immediately agreed and left from the room after locking it. While inside Khushi lied on the bed and closed her eyes, entering that drama house was going to be stressful and exhausting and if she wanted to give her best then she is going to need her rest and a clear mind.

"When are you going to come back Arnav? I don't think we should hide this from the family any longer." Listening to Shyam on the phone Arnav got more irritated, first this business issue propped up overnight and then the Khushi matter was eating away his mind. Although he wanted to leave everything go back home it was not practically possible. Both he and Nikhil were stuck in Mumbai and would be able to return only after solving the problem, which could take several days. He would have to trust Shyam and let Khushi get back home with him for now, that was the logical thing to do.

"Me and Nikhil will be stuck for a few days." Came Arnav's reply as Shyam expected. Well he had to know, after all he was the person who caused the problem. "Will you be able to take her home and explain the situation to the family. Just make sure she stays there till we come back."

"I cannot promise anything Arnav. Even I am scared of the family's reaction. But I will try my level best to handle the situation like you want. Just come as soon as possible."

Saying this Shyam ended the conversation and went to make some arrangements. Arnav had already arranged for the basic things like clothes and stuff for Khushi before going. Waking her up Shyam left with Khushi to Shantivan.

As the familiar roads and surroundings came into view, Khushi was thrown into the past-

"How could you do this Khushi? How can you even imagine doing something like this to your loved ones"

"No I didn't do anything. Please believe me. Please I 'm your doll, how can you people not trust me?

"No you are not our doll. You are killer!!"

"No no no I'm not a killer!!"Screamed a terrified 15 year old Khushi....

The sudden stopping of the vehicle made her come back. There stood in front of her the mansion which was once her paradise. But now it was just a battlefield for her, where she was going to fight one of the toughest fights of her life. Bracing herself she got down from the car and began her walk towards the new chapter of her plan.

As she crossed the security, from the corner of her eyes she acknowledged one of the man planted in the team. Security, drivers, office staff, and most importantly house help she had her men placed in all walks of their life. All the officers she had placed were trained under her and were extremely loyal and even to some extent knew her connection to the case. And this made them even more loyal and protective towards her. Her team was specialised in such operations and no would even dream of thinking that these men were placed by someone. They already had won the trust and credibility from the family and were now going to be acting as her eyes and ears. You don't know what's about to hit you Shaym Jha!!

************

Update time guys!!

Gave you a small peak into the past and also of Muskaan's preparation for the battle!!

Thank you for the response on previous chapters. Please continue to give your support through votes and comments!!

Also tried to give a little longer update this time taking in a suggestion from your comments!!