Chapter 8

NOTE: I believe that stories should somehow reflect a person's thought process and belief system. The same is the case with my book. I strongly believe that life cannot be classified in Black and White. Life is full of GREYS. Hence, Silenced Echoes is going to have many characters with grey shades. There is nothing as a PERFECT human, for they wouldn't be humans then. This note was just a way of giving context to character actions going forward in the story.

MUMBAI,

Sitting in Mumbai Headquarters cabin both Arnav and Nikhil were engrossed in their own thoughts.

"What are you thinking?" asked Arnav, although he already knew the answer judging from Nikhil's expressions. They both were extremely caught up in the issue at office for the entire day, trying to tie all the loose end at the earliest because going back to Delhi was a SOS situation too. Working tirelessly, they had finished up majority of work in a single day instead of three. Although they didn't inform Shyam still, but they were trying to reach back Delhi by next evening." Thinking what will happen when we go back" said a somber Nikhil. "What do you think should happen?" came a cold reply.

Well it was time Nikhil spoke up his mind!

"Don't think I am unaware about your thoughts Arnav. I may have not caught your intention immediately but I certainly know why you held her back. We all have similar thoughts and feelings about her but you can't deny the fact that we share a different relationship with her. She was once to me what Anjali is to you now. I may detest her and her past actions but I can never wish to hurt her the way you want to.

"I am not judging you Arnav, cause your hate might be justified but just remember the saying 'You often end up like people you hate in trying to seek revenge from them'.

"What the hell are you even suggesting Niks?" asked an extremely offended Arnav." Are you saying she should be welcomed back with open arms, that we should forgive and forget everything that happened in the past? She betrayed us all in the worst way possible. SHE ALMOST KILLED MY SISTER !!!!" and flying went the drink glass in Arnav's hand across the cabin.

"You don't need to remind me. What I am saying is we can't stoop to her the level of a teenager's vengeful mindset. We don't know about her present state not even about the years she spent away from us. Also, you are forgetting that our family also includes my parents, which are by default her parents too. We cannot predict their reaction cause neither of us will ever understand their feelings.

Now that Lavanya is pregnant and I have started experiencing the feeling of parenthood in the slightest, I can only imagine what pain they have felt all through these years and the shock they will get now".

Leaving behind an agitated Arnav, Nikhil walked away from the conversation since he knew time was what Arnav needed to process all this.

13 Years ago,

It was Khushi's 15th Birthday, but unlike every year there was no festive and joyous atmosphere in Shantivan, reason being the happenings of past few months. Khushi's behavior had been going from bad to worst. The family was unable to understand their doll and her actions. Well, the new addition to the family, Anjali's husband Shyam Jha who had somehow won the hearts of the entire family with his innocent charm and noble thoughts was also the person who was most affect by their doll's behavior. Khushi's dislike for Shyam was not hidden from the family and all were aware that this tension had naturally extended to the relation of Anjali and Khushi. Things had gone to the stage where she had stopped calling Khushi Doll.  This year there was no party arranged rather a small Pooja ceremony for the well being of their doll's future, which everyone was worried about given her recent actions.But all were unaware that today was going to be a day which would change everything in their lives.

Precap:

"I am sorry Arnav we couldn't save the baby."

"Di was pregnant???"

"2 months ... We managed to save Anjali, but I am afraid she wont be able to conceive again. The chances are very slim."

*****************

Thank you for the votes and comments on the last chapter guys. Hopefully you enjoyed the update. The updates will get longer with time. Right now, I am trying my best to balance things.

Hoping for your continuing support!!!