Chapter 1

"NOOOO"... a scream resounded in a house breaking the silence of the calm night. She woke up from her nightmare which was unfortunately her past which she had actually lived. The door banged open and Aryan rushed inside switching on the lights of the room. Looking at the distraught figure of his sister, he drew her in his protective embrace. It was always difficult for him to see his otherwise strong and fearless sister suffering from her nightmares like this.

"Are you okay Kiddo?" he asked, while helping her with a glass of water. She gulped down the water and nodding her head snuggled back into his arms ,too tired to speak. She rarely had these dreams after treatment which had ended years ago, but when she did, it was very disturbing.

No one would believe that this scared looking girl was a top ranked officer in the intelligence department of the country & is surrounded by crime, criminals, violence and danger all the time and yet manages it all perfectly as it was a cakewalk. That the most wanted and dangerous criminals were defeated by her in both mental and physical fights.

It is true that the worst kind of wounds are not given by enemies, but by your loved ones.

Looking Back at the sleeping figure of Muskaan, Aryan came out of the room softly closing the door of the room. As expected, both Mahir and Surbhi were standing outside the room with worried expressions on their faces. He gently nodded his head indicating that she was okay and moved away with them.

Shantivan (The Raizada & Gupta Residence)

Arnav sat at his poolside staring at a photograph in his hand. It was a picture of a teen couple smiling to their fullest. "I hate you!" he screamed in his mind, and as usual kept away the picture in his secret hideout. Even her memories were not allowed in that house. If anyone found it , a ruckus would be created , but he somehow could not part with this one last picture of her and used it at times to vent out his emotions.

Glancing one last time at the date on his phone before putting it away, he stopped for a moment but then pulled himself back from going into lanes of the past.

*********

Hey readers , here is the next chapter. Looking forward to your valuable response ! Vote if you are interested to know what happens next !!