Chapter 4

Two weeks later

Arnav and Nikhil were coming home from a business party late in the night. Both were chatting about the party when the car suddenly stopped with a jerk. "What happened Ramesh?"

"I don't know sir, there seems to be some chaos. A crowd is gathered in the middle of the road. "the driver replied.

Normally they would have not got involved in a matter like this, but somehow something pulled them out of their car towards the scene on the road. Trying to get a glimpse inside the crowd of civilians, both of them made their way inside the swam of people. It looked like a hit and run accident case. Just as they were going to leave from there as an ambulance approached the scene Arnav caught a glimpse of the face of the girl lying injured. For a second he could not believe his eyes, the striking similarities couldn't be a coincidence, could they be?.He stood frozen in his place not being able to process the sudden turn of events. "What's the matter buddy?" Nikhil asked Arnav looking at colour drained face of his friend. Following his gaze Nikhil stood shocked as he too saw the reason for Arnav's reaction. Could she really be her? 12 years was long time for the face to be recognised with surety, especially when she looked so different and grown up, but the sudden strange connection he felt with the girl cannot be wrong. Just as the helpers from the ambulance were taking her away, both of them came back to their senses and stopped them. Giving each other a silent look, they came to a conclusion. "We know her, if she is not seriously injured can u drop her at our residence? We will take care of her there properly" Nikhil tried to convince the hospital staff present in the ambulance.

After giving both of the men a scrutinising look, they agreed. Taking her to Shantivan was out of question, so both of them decided to take her to their outhouse.

Farmhouse

An Hour later.

The doctor had left after giving her treatment and proper first aid, assuring that the wounds were superficial and nothing serious. Both Arnav and Nikhil had not spoken a single word about the situation. They were both immersed deep in their thoughts, and kept staring at the girl lying in front of them with varying emotions.

Nikhil was almost in shock, still not being able to believe that she was in front of them. He had thought of seeing her again and finding her many times in these years, even prepared for the worst case scenerios, but now that the moment came, he was clueless how to react. He didn't even know whether to be happy or sad or enraged. They way she had disappeared after her act, he was sure that she doesn't deserve their forgiveness or even a second chance. Where was she all these years? Why had she returned now after all this time? He needed answers and he was sure once he had them, he would be sane enough to take a decision. But one thing was sure, she was not going to get welcomed in their life again so easily.

While on the other hand Arnav was busy taking in her appearance and noting minute details about her. He had imagined meeting her again in numerous different situations but nothing prepared him for this sudden entry of hers into their life. He couldn't believe that she still had that effect on him. Even after all she had done and the long distance of a decade, she still managed to make him feel things no one else could. The overwhelming feelings in his heart confused him to such an extent that he found it best to channel them in the emotion he had best learn to associate with her which was HATE. Now that he had found her, he was not going to let her go this easily. She had entered the lions den and now she was trapped and completely at his mercy.

Although Khushi was aware of the stares and presence of the two men in the room she continued to lie down acting to be unconscious. Till now everything was going according to her plan. She wanted to give them time to absorb the situation and think about it with a stable mind. For her entire next plan depended on their reactions and the actions that follow the reaction. Years of training had taught her to observe people's reactions and analyse their mindset. She knew how to manipulate the mindsets of people and make them act according to her will. This was going to be no different. Arnav who she knew must be currently thinking of ways to trap her had no idea that he himself had walked into her trap. He must be thinking of her as a lamb trapped in a lions den , but he dindnt know that the lamb had willingly walked into the den and was soon going to make not only the lion ,but the entire jungle dance on her tunes. Emotional fools that they were, didn't even know who was the enemy and who is going to be their saviour. But she knew and she was all set to commence the end of this long enacted play.

It was time for the games to begin!!!

**********

The next part is here!!

Let me know of what you think of the story and characters so far...