⊱⊰ 64: Fate of the Unknown ⊱⊰

Comenzar desde el principio

Zen didn't show the same enthusiasm and looked away.

"What's wrong?" she wondered.

"There's a problem," he said, his tone quiet. "Those flames are too strong. Their heat can burn things that surround me. This means that they will harm you no matter how far you stand away from me."

For a moment, Arisa blinked her eyes. Part of her couldn't help but be happy that he was worried he could hurt her. The boy in front of her really looked like the childhood friend she always knew.

"I don't think there's any danger," she said, touching her chest. "I'm a fire attribute. I can withstand extremely high temperatures."

"Everyone has a limit." Zen's dark eyes met Arisa's. "There will be a point where your body won't take it anymore and burn. We shouldn't test your resistance against the Blue Flames; they're no joke."

Arisa gazed at him for a moment. She then looked at the ground that was flooding with water, thinking that they were back to square one.

"Then what should we do?" she asked.

"The flames can't harm me since I'm their master," replied Zen, examining his hand. "I'll shapeshift into my dragon form and protect you under one of my wings while I summon the flames. Let's hope you'll be safe under them."

Arisa's heart sped. It was the first time that Zen was telling her that he could turn into a dragon. She remembered the many times he lied to her, saying he had a difference with his clan. Arisa realized that he only told her those lies to hide who he really was.

"Okay," said Arisa almost in a whisper. "I'll hide under one of your wings whenever you're ready."

Zen nodded. He then walked a few steps back and kneeled, placing his right hand on the ground. A few seconds later, Arisa saw a large pair of dark, bat-like wings coming out from his back. The wings spread as if they were stretching before they curled around Zen, hiding his figure. With every blink, Arisa noticed that the being not far from her was increasing in size.

The large wings spread again, exhibiting a dark scaly creature with horns. As the dragon growled quietly, realization hit Arisa.

So it was really you back then.

Arisa remembered her encounter with the dragon in Celestia. It was flying in circles around her house before it saw her and landed in front of her. She wondered what he was doing around there that day. Was he hoping she would show up with her family and catch her personally or he missed the times he spent there with them?

The right wing remained spread while the other folded. Arisa guessed that Zen was telling her to go under the right wing. With her heart racing, Arisa rushed towards that side, feeling even tinier as she approached him. As soon as she reached the spot, Zen covered Arisa's area. Arisa breathed heavily, finding herself in the dark and no longer feeling the rain bath her armor.

Still hearing the rainfall on the other side, Arisa touched Zen's scaly arm, anxious to know what was going out there. For a minute, Arisa heard something besides the sound of pelting rain. She guessed that Zen was already summoning his blue flames. Even though she was protected under his wing, Arisa could still feel the strong heat of his flames.

Another minute passed and Arisa no longer heard the rainfall.

"Who's this dragon that dares to challenge me?" asked a familiar voice.

Arisa's eyes widened, recognizing the Master's voice. As Zen spread his wing, Arisa quickly walked forward, leaving the area of safety. She blinked a few times when she saw her surroundings. It was as if everywhere was raining except this wide part of the island. Arisa stopped walking as she spotted a woman in a long flowing dress, glaring at them with irritation.