⊱⊰ 64: Fate of the Unknown ⊱⊰

Arisa fought not to show her happiness of having to work with Zen. Even though there was a little chance for that to happen, she hoped that after defeating the Master, he would completely change his mind about their differences and return to the usual Zen she always knew.

She pushed away her delusions, telling herself that now wasn't the time to think about their situation. They had a dangerous threat to stop. She examined her surroundings, still seeing rain and vapor bothering her view.

"Well, it attacked us as soon as I unsealed it," said Arisa, looking back at the dark-haired boy in front of her. "So I don't have an actual plan."

"Oh," said Zen thoughtfully. "In this case, can you tell me how you fought against it until now? Maybe I can think of what we can do."

Arisa nodded and under the rain, she told him how she and Caris faced the Master. For a minute, her voice fought against the sound of the rainfall as she told him her tale.

"Interesting," said Zen. "So it can control sea creatures besides manipulating water."

Arisa replied with a nod, remembering the attack of the sea creature when they dropped in the pool of water after releasing the Master. She also remembered Garoh mentioning that they had been attacked by creatures that appeared out of nowhere. Arisa went on to tell Zen that the rain shifted into water and ice figures to attack them and the Master turned into steam as soon as Caris stabbed its chest.

"It really looks like a troublesome opponent." Zen touched his jaw. "No matter how much damage we'll cause it, it will still hide in the steam."

Arisa sighed, thinking of a possible way to stop it. Something switched on in her mind as she remembered the events her team passed through when they faced the Master of Earth.

"I don't think we have to hurt it in order to stop it," said Arisa with realization. "As long as it fights us in its physical form, I think we'll be good. I only have to touch it with the Crimson Flames."

Judging by what the Master of Earth told her in the Mammoth Cave before they were attacked by Taurus' soldiers, the only thing she needed to do after releasing it was to use her ability on it again to receive the gem. Remembering what she went through to catch the Master of Earth after it refused to be sealed, Arisa wasn't sure if using her crimson flames on the water would work to seal the current Master.

"The problem now is how we can force it to show up in that form." Arisa exhaled, defeated. "With this rain, summoning our element is impossible. I thought that if we somehow boiled the water around us, maybe it would show up. But it's pointless since it can control vapor as well."

"Yeah," agreed Zen. "Our flames would be switched off as soon as we summoned them."

Arisa sighed again, wondering if there was no other way to seal the Master. At this point, the worlds would be destroyed for real.

"There is a way to boil the water to the point that the tiny particles of its steam won't resist," said Zen, breaking the brief silence. "It won't have no choice but to show itself."

Arisa's eyes widened. "There is?"

"Yes," said Zen, folding his arms. "It's my special ability."

Realization flowed in Arisa's veins as she remembered what her mother told her at the Astral Sanctum.

"That's right," said Arisa, jumping a little. "Leo's Blue Flames. Your flames are so strong that they can melt even the hardest materials that exist in the worlds."

Remembering that detail, Arisa was so hopeful and happy that she didn't realize that she instinctively held Zen's hand.

"You should try it out then," she said, her tone excited.