Chapter 1

The smell of wet earth filled his senses as he lingered above his former comrade.

He had done this, he had betrayed the only person who really cared about him and as much as he hated to say it outloud, the only person he truly loved.

Sasuke felt horrible, he hated seeing his best friend reduced to blood and ragged breathing. Sasuke's breath caught in his throat as his dobe started to convulse in what could only be agony, with a hellish scream the blonde managed to pull the boy above him closer to his face, kissing the traitor on his lips.

Naruto's lips were chapped and he orchestrated a very sloppy kiss. Sasuke was in shock it wasn't the first time they'd kissed but this time was different, this time it was more of a promise than a mistake.

Pulling away the boys looked each other in the eyes, the rain not bothering the couple as they cried at the unfortunate situation.

"Sasuke, I- you've given me a hole in my chest but I understand why you had to do this, in your twisted reality it was necessary. I just don't understand why you couldn't stay with me. I'm not stupid you know. I know I'm in love with you and I will get you back." Naruto's testament was alot for the ravenette to take in. He knew it was coming he felt the same way but loving someone when he had goals to complete? Loving another man? It all seemed too impossible.

Sasuke didn't shed any more tears than he needed to. He stood up and went to the meeting point as discussed with Orochimaru. He had to be strong to kill Itachi.
____________________________________

Sasuke gazed upon the village gates he was happy they still invited him in. It wasn't very surprising especially with his contribution in the war and the fact that the civilian council had plans to help him in his quest to repopulate the Uchiha compound.

Ever since he left the first time he only ever thought of one person. Uzumaki Naruto a man whose name was known by everyone in the elemental nations, a hero of epic proportions. Sasuke was in love with the blonde and he knew Naruto felt the same way but it could never work between the two of them. Being gay in the shinobi world was a sin no matter how famous you were.

Sasuke didn't want to be a one armed gay who has occassional sex with women to rebuild his clan. It was a joke to say the least no one would take him seriously and they all knew he was a serious man.

He had the option once upon a time to get his arm back but he decided against it as he knew the punishment was necessary, naturally Naruto was happy for a new arm but Sasuke wasn't Naruto.

Sasuke strolled through the village it was beautiful. It seemed bigger than before and the houses were now in levels on the mountain probably higher the richer you were. He most likely would've built his house there. There were no slums and Konoha had built a massive mall in the centre of the village.

Training grounds were far more equipped than before with fighting posts in some, a complete desert in another, the forest of death had been completely remodeled and was more dense and dangerous than ever, all factors considered if another war broke out the village would have even better trained Shinobi and Kunoichi than ever in the history of the Fire Country.

As he got closer to the Fire Tower he got more nervous than he had ever been in his life. The latest face that had been added to the mountain was one that was all too familiar.

He paused before knocking on the door as he heard people talking inside the office, it was rather serious based off of the chakra barrier created around the room.

Sasuke hesitated for a bit before ignoring every protest in his mind that he should just find someone else to live with and knocked on the Hokages door.