Chapter 7

Naruto was distraught.

Her and Sasuke hadn't spoken a word to each other since last night.

The both of them helped to pack up the tent and were on their way.

Perhaps she scared him with her proclamation. She was a new person to him, and perhaps he was still in love with her male counterpart. It wasn't impossible, but she doubted Sasuke was gay. They had just had sex and it was amazing.

Was he regretting it? Was she bad at it?

They stopped in the trees at seeing their target walking down the path towards Konoha.

So he had a plan of sorts.

Sasuke looked over at her, signaling her to use her chakra chains.

She opened her palms toward the target and released the chains towards Fukushima.

Unfortunately, he sensed the attack and dodged the chains. Her kunai got stuck in the ground, and she withdrew her weapons before she got into trouble.

Sasuke dashed forward with his katana engaging the enemy in a weapon fight. They were evenly matched.

"Sasuke!" Naruto yelled, Sasuke jumped back, opening himself for attack, but Naruto swooped in spraying Fukushima with her poisoned mist.

Sasuke regrouped with the female.

Their next plan was to work as a team. While the missing-nin was still in the mist, they would wrap him in chakra chains.

Sasuke ran with one end of the chain and Naruto with the other. The pair criss-crossed around the man tightening the chains.  When the mist clear, they saw a log in the chains.

That's when Sasuke's world slowed. The man's broad-sword had slashed into his partners side, and she coughed up blood. It wasn't too deep, but he would need to take control of the situation.

He activated his mangekyou sharingan and let his amaterasu flow onto the man.

The man screamed, but instead of dying, he turned into a log.

"Shit!" Sasuke dashed towards the girl and covered them both with his Susano'o. He scanned the area and found their target in the trees across from them.

Sasuke shot an arrow at the tree line, destroying everything in its path.

Fukushima ran towards the pair, taking the opportunity while Sasuke powered up another arrow.

Naruto groaned. How did she get caught?

She blamed her hormones.  She slowly got up, catching up to the situation. Kurama had started healing her injury already. It was hyper now that they were one.

"Sasuke, we'll do a combo attack while he comes at us." She whispered.

Sasuke nodded. Releasing his jutsu to allow the enemy to come closer, they sprinted towards him, both doing their relevant hand signs.

"Fire Style: Fire Ball Jutsu."

"Wind style: Great Breakthrough."

Their jutsu mended together, capturing the enemy in flames. This time, he was actually damaged. His skin was peeling from his body, and his breath was wheezing.

Sasuke took his katana and chopped off the man's head while Naruto used her lava style to completely burn the man's body.

Naruto sealed the head in a scroll and began limping back to the village.

Sasuke sighed.

"Narumi, please wait. You're hurt. We need to bandage your wounds." Sasuke grabbed her arm. She turned and looked at him coldly.