Chapter 1: MEET AND GREET

Start from the beginning

Vali: is there something wrong with your bird?

Dean: aside from the fact it can talk?

Nikki: yes, he's an OCD freak.

Dean: well, I can see that getting annoying real quick.

Vali: as long as is doesn't have a heart attack on the day teams are form, it should be fine.

Nikki: (picks up the bird) admittedly, that be an improvement. I'll see you both later.

She leaves and Vali decides to take his as well. Dean then wanders around when he meets up with a couple of other students. They're Coco Adel and Velvet Scarlatina. The three were walking to the stadium while getting to know each other.

Velvet: so, this is your first time exploring more of Vale?

Dean: something like that. My family does special jobs for people, but they rarely take out to big places like these.

Coco: does explain why your wardrobe could use some changes.

Dean: (looks at his outfit) what's wrong with this?

Coco: it makes you stick out like a sore thumb.

Dean: says the one with bullets on her purse.

Coco: (smirks) I like you.

Velvet: (clears her thoat) so, Dean where's your weapon?

Dean: well, I got this. (Summons sword)

Coco and Velvet: woah!

Dean: yep. One of the best weapons a hunter could have.

Velvet: impressive. But, isn't heavy?

Dean: (rests it on his shoulder) nope. It's balanced enough for me to use.

Coco: nice. Where'd you get that?

???: a Devil Arms?

They then see Týra make her way over to see Dean's weapon. Dean could tell that she was very powerful, and probably not someone you want to piss off.

Dean: you know what this thing is?

Týra: I've heard of these types of weapons, but never seen one. But, you have much more power then you look. Something tells me this isn't the only one you're carrying.

Dean: (dismisses sword) so are you. But, I'll show them at the initiation. I'm Dean, by the way.

Týra: Týra. Guess I'll be seeing you around.

Everyone then gathers in the stadium where they saw Ozpin give a speech to all of them, explaining that they're the future of the huntsmen and huntresses. Later that night, everyone was setting up sleeping bags in the same room (with girls on one side and boys at the other). Dean was in his pants and gray long sleeve, looking at his necklace.

Dean's Thoughts: so far, quite an interesting experience with these new people. A girl with a talking bird, one with a sassy personality, a couple of Faunuses (though one could snap me like a twig), and another guy who looks like me. Speaking of which, why do I get this strange feeling like I saw him before?

Vali: (notices his necklace) what's that?

Dean: (looks at him) oh, this? I had this for years. It's one of the last few things I have of my parents.

Vali: (nods in understanding) since you showed me yours, (pulls out his blue necklace) I'll show you mine.

Dean took a closer look at it and could see that aside from color, the two were exactly the same.